March Madness NCAA basketball 2017-2018

DizRotus

OK, the Spartans beat the Golden Grizzlies again, but 17 turnovers are too many.

On Monday, #2 MSU plays Houston Baptist, and on Thursday plays Long Beach State.  I hope the Spartans don’t play down to the level of their opponents.  Both games should be excellent opportunities to give their deep bench game experience. If I could be granted a Christmas wish, it would be that MSU reduce turnovers and increase foul shooting accuracy.

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Spartans 107,  Houston Baptist 62

Sparty is in at #2 this week both polls, and getting some attention for #1.

My Mountaineers cracked the top ten this week.  They have a few more patsies to play until Big 12 action starts.  They have top 25 Big 12 foes Kansas, OK and Baylor on the schedule plus they will play Kentucky.  WVU has enough good teams in front of them to move up if they keep winning.

• Like 1

#2 Sparty only plays unranked Michigan (11th in B1G) once this year, because playing them takes too big a hit on the RPI.  John Beilein is now 2-16 vs Wisconsin, 6-11 vs MSU, and 7-14 vs Ohio State.  That's the level of mediocrity Harbaugh has yet to reach.

Actually, coaches Beilein and Izzo agree the intrastate rivals should play twice each season.

• 2 weeks later...

MSU 108

Savannah State 52

Spartans scored 100+ in four consecutive games.  Butler's upset of undefeated Villanova assures MSU will be #1 next week, unfortunately.  Sports rankings are always suspect, but this early in the basketball season is essentially meaningless.   Not until seeding time for March Madness are the rankings relevant.

On 1/5/2018 at 8:25 AM, DizRotus said:
On 1/5/2018 at 8:16 AM, klipsch said:

Go Green!

Go White!

Go Blue and Gold!

Number 6 WVU just knocked off #7 Oklahoma 89-76.  Oklahoma was leading the nation in scoring and WV held them to their lowest point total of the year.

The nation's #1 scorer 29 ppg and assist leader is Oklahoma's fantastic freshman Trae Young.  Man, I love this kid.  He got his 29 points and WVU harassed him all night.  He shoots like Steph Curry and has the natural passing ability of Magic Johnson.  I'm glad we'll only have to face him for one year as he already looks just about NBA ready in terms of offensive skills.

West Virginia lost their first game of the year and has won 14 games in a row, the second longest winning streak in the country.  Can you name the team with the longest current winning streak?  (hint:  I bet you Michigan homers can)  B)

13 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Can you name the team with the longest current winning streak?  (hint:  I bet you Michigan homers can)  B)

Dave,  

You know better than to confuse Michigan State with Michigan.:rolleyes:

NC State is threatening to upset Duke.  If that happens, there goes Sparty’s RPI.

5 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Dave,  You know better than to confuse Michigan State with Michigan.:rolleyes:

Hah!  And you know better than to confuse the state with the University.  :lol:

I had a feeling you would get that quiz answer right.  B)

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Hah!  And you know better than to confuse the state with the University.  :lol:

I had a feeling you would get that quiz answer right.  B)

There is no way anyone in the state of Michigan would understand “Michigan homers” to refer to anything other than the Weasles . . . I mean Wolverines.

• Haha 1