Audio Racks

J M O N

On 3/4/2018 at 3:58 PM, JMON said:

This isn't mine but here is a Sanus Systems AFA audio rack.  It is relatively inexpensive and can be found for not much over $100 and seems to have good reviews overall. 

-tdFhZ9J-SPMpE-PbjivHZDGub7Bn8iao8cWV3jtindex.jpg  ba83fb4910084aa19b83ceb14346f05e.jpg

looks good to me , plenty of space between each component is key -

On 3/19/2021 at 3:30 PM, RandyH000 said:

looks good to me , plenty of space between each component is key -

I actually purchased (I think three ) of the Sanus Systems AFA audio racks a couple of years ago.  Based on reviews, price, shelf size, and weight capacity, they seemed to meet my minimum requirements though I would've preferred something a bit more hefty.  The problem with these racks is that they seem to be difficult to ship without getting damaged due to poor packaging (reviews of others who have made this purchase have claimed the same).  Almost every shelf arrived damaged, some significantly.  I thought I would return the damaged pieces and keep the ones that were good.  The problem was there weren't enough undamaged shelves to assembly one good unit!  I was able to return all of them and get my money back.  Based on my experience and the reviews I've seen regarding shipping damage, I decided to go a different direction.

I did assemble one rack and it seemed sufficiently sturdy and strong enough to hold my heavy equipment.  I'm sure it meets its stated weight capacities.  The rack itself was relatively lightweight, certainly lighter than my current racks.  I actually would've kept them had it not been for the shipping damage and I'm sure they would've worked just fine.

I have a Bell'O AT306. It arrived about a year ago and remains in its box due to an illness which has prevented me from tearing down and reassembling my system (or doing much of anything else that requires lifting or exertion.) I expect to regain my full strength this summer and I'll go ahead with the rack transfer and may also swap a component or two..

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/850246-REG/Bell_O_AT306_A_V_Tower_Rich.html

Edited by JGT914

11 hours ago, JGT914 said:

I have a Bell'O AT306. It arrived about a year ago and remains in its box due to an illness which has prevented me from tearing down and reassembling my system (or doing much of anything else that requires lifting or exertion.) I expect to regain my full strength this summer and I'll go ahead with the rack transfer and may also swap a component or two..

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/850246-REG/Bell_O_AT306_A_V_Tower_Rich.html

I know how you feel. I had a stroke last July and I am working on doing as little as possible to de stress as I have a massive dual jugular clot so I am taking warfarin to keep it from growing while my body slowly eats it up. I was having seizures which turned out to be caused by stress and so the dr.'s order to do as little as I can for as long as I can. Really tough to do nothing. Hang tough and look forward to getting better you will get there, summer is just around the corner.