What do I have?

Jared2007

These speakers were given to me by my grandfather. I believe he got them when he was stationed over seas. I would like to know if they are worth much and if anyone would be interested in buying them. Thanks in advance. They seem to be in great condition. Don’t know how to hook them up so can’t say for the sound but I know they worked as of 5 years ago. Lol

c29446c8166511e5962537f916792e78.jpg9b416eca5a4888d0ec7d4418182cc0e4.jpg96d8032147f829f7cabb6c040c4591a9.jpgbbf9cd6ddd03992044d5078da0902f37.jpgb0177096d379c32886d84ff757dab4a6.jpgf9e14f63122bad8a6c991361e0d2fe7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're looking at Belle's, type AB XOvers.

Depending on your location you could see $1500-$2500 for the pair.  Condition seems a little rough on the one, so that could fetch them lower middle on that scale.

You’re joking? That much? Wow!

There's a few listed out there.  A couple on eBay.  And these...

https://austin.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-belle-speakers/6335398955.html

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/msd/d/belle-klipsch-floorstanding/6335217956.html

These are on the higher end...but that's about the safe pricerange 1500-2000 I'd say.

• Like 1

Interested?  Yes.

Close? No.

Have room? Also no. Sadly.

Belle's are my weak spot in the Klipsch line - but I have to have space for them and a means to actually get them to where I am (a Fusion's not gonna do the trick).

You shouldn't be sitting on those for long.

• Like 1

Interested?  Yes.
Close? No.
Have room? Also no. Sadly.

Belle's are my weak spot in the Klipsch line - but I have to have space for them and a means to actually get them to where I am (a Fusion's not gonna do the trick).

You shouldn't be sitting on those for long.

Understand. Thanks again for all your help. Maybe someone will come along on here and want them. Lol

3 hours ago, Jared2007 said:

These speakers were given to me by my grandfather

I would keep them if I were you. 

3 hours ago, Jared2007 said:

You’re joking? That much? Wow!

Condition, location, time of the year, serial numbering, type of wood, grills, phase of the moon, how much you value them and such will play a part in how much and how fast they leave. 

• Like 1

Why sell them.....they were your grandpas......you cant get much better if you like stereo at all.......In a few years I think you will be sorry that you didn't keep these heirlooms. But I know kids today like new little I-pod crap so if you do sell them I hope some one from here gets them. 

Have you ever even heard them play????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, codewritinfool said:

I agree with Rick.  You should keep them and enjoy them like your grandfather did.

no kidding.  my 15 y/o son has already put in his dibs for my CW's.  but he's like that about many things.

• Like 2

@Jared2007I agree with everyone above who suggested you keep the Belles.  As you get older you will realize they are a very special speaker that have a high quality sound you will not be able to afford until much later in life when your disposable income is higher.  They are a luxury item and are worth the most to you.

More importantly, much more importantly is the connection you have to your grandfather.  He listened to music and loved those speakers and every time you listen to them you and your grandfather will form a bond that surpasses his time on earth as you both share a love for music.  Few people will ever have the opportunity to do what you can do if you become aware of  the wonderful gift of music your grandfather gave you.

I noticed there are some scratches and imperfections on the speakers as well.  Do not fix those, those are part of the character and story of the speakers your grandfather touched.

-Dave

• Like 3

Looks like those were made in 1985 ...32 year old Klipsch does not make that model anymore......when your older those will be hard to find and cost thousands more than what they are worth now......Just go ask people who use to have 65 chevys . 

Get a good vintage receiver and listen to them for a few years I think you will change your mind. 

Is there any other audio stuff your grandpa had??? Looks like he had good taste for quality.

• Like 2

Hi Jared,

You have a nice pair of Lacquered Walnut Belle Klipsch.  The rarest of the Klipsch Heritage line.  The serial number indicates 1985.  I would certainly expect to get $2k+ for the pair.  Had I inherited such a speaker, I'd find a place for them and play them daily.  They deserve excellent quality electronics to drive them; they will ruthlessly reproduce whatever you feed them, so don't cheap out. 

The lower 2/3rds of the cabinet is a bass horn for the woofer that is inside, facing rearward.  The sound path is split, forming a W.  The midrange horn, squawker, and tweeter horn are in the upper enclosure.   Horns inherently produce lower distortion than direct radiator, so you will be amazed at the sound.

• Like 2

You'll certainly have to spend a whole lot more than your current sale price to recreate the same caliber of sound later in life, should you suddenly decide such a pursuit pleases you.

I have a couple of shitty H&R Pardner shotguns from my Grandad - 12GA and 20GA. They're murder on my body every time I shoot them and they're not even that old, but I'll never get rid of them.

• Like 2