Belle Klipsch Speakers for sale

Jared2007

• Moderators

We really don't do bids here.  If people are interested they need to contact you directly by PM and you can deal directly.

Bidding has a tendency to pit one against another and we are not that type of place.

I hid your earlier post as it appeared to be duplicating this one, among other things.

On 10/13/2017 at 9:51 AM, Jared2007 said:

Wanting at least $2500.00. Feel free to bid more. Will sell to the highest bidder in a week.

@Jared2007

While most here appreciate you offering up these fine speakers to members of this forum, we also know a thing or two about Klipsch speakers, namely vintage pairs like your Belles.  Many of us have a good idea what "average" market value is based on location, finish, condition, demand, etc. so keep that in mind when your "auction" is not well received.

With that said, I do hope you can sell them for a price that will make you and the buyer happy.

Good luck with your sale.

Bill

• Like 5

On 10/13/2017 at 6:51 AM, Jared2007 said:

Located in Lubbock Texas.

Wanting at least $2500.00. Feel free to bid more. Will sell to the highest bidder in a week.

I liked Wiland's post and thought that it was a respectable reply.  But after reading the other thread, I am kind of disgusted by this posting.  You were told what top dollar is for a pair and want a bidding war over the top price for a damaged pair of speakers.

It is not like me to comment on these threads, but you can sit on these for a long time, finally sell them for what they are actually worth (as one needs a re-veneering at substantial cost) and then leave this community for good.  We will not miss you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think the question about warranty was tongue in cheek making reference to their age.

And matter-of-factly pointing out the “NON-CONSECUTIVE” serial numbers was discretely objectionable. 

I also noticed the most horrible of all possible crossovers (AB) and the metal K-400 horns. Less desireable to be sure.

The sound from these would be enough to send the less mechanically inclined running from the room.

This very combination in respective LaScalas and Khorns are responsible for most, if not all, of the negative reviews over the years. That and crappy amplification...

There were also many scratches and chipped veneer visible in the subjective pictures.

As a project pair of speakers, my offer would likely be insulting.

But these may be just the pair of Belles someone else has been searching for at twice the price! 

I liked Wiland's post and thought that it was a respectable reply.  But after reading the other thread, I am kind of disgusted by this posting.  You were told what top dollar is for a pair and want a bidding war over the top price for a damaged pair of speakers.

It is not like me to comment on these threads, but you can sit on these for a long time, finally sell them for what they are actually worth (as one needs a re-veneering at substantial cost) and then leave this community for good.  We will not miss you.

That really hurts my feelings troll! Go take some more selfies with that little pansy of a dog you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

Guys: this is in the Garage Sale section. If you don't want to buy them , then don't.

As far as the comments some of you are making --- you are way out of line!

I agree.  No reason for insults from responding members as well as from OP.  Constructive advice is good but criticisms and attacks does not prompt positive replies.

Maybe time for a timeout to regroup.

Again, good luck with your sale.

Bill

On 10/14/2017 at 12:03 PM, Jared2007 said:

That really hurts my feelings troll!  (Comment not worth repeating)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You joined here in 2013, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt.  I understand his comments, but wouldn't have made them myself.

To address the serial numbers, from the other thread his grandfather bought them in the military overseas, often that will mean they are not sequential.

I am sure they were one of his prized possessions, that he hoped you would enjoy.  But you stated they haven't been played for 5 years.

Clearly, the $1500-$2500 range got you excited.  Here people know what speakers are worth and mostly offer items at discounts to craigslist/ebay prices at this is a community.

I bought a near mint pair for $1100 and a rougher pair for a LOT less than that, both in walnut.

You stated a desired price, you can see what offers you get (I see an offer of $1000).  If you don't like the offers post locally (craigslist, etc.) or ebay for maybe a higher price.

I suspect that the $1000 offer is higher than you expected they were worth. 

Good luck with your sale.  You are likely to turn off some potential buyers with attacking the regulars.

Back to the potential sale.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

Guys: this is in the Garage Sale section. If you don't want to buy them , then don't.

As far as the comments some of you are making --- you are way out of line!

Maybe out of line, but read the other post.  This really rubs me the wrong way and goes against everything that this community is about. 

He reached out to the forum and many went out of their way to help him with pricing and info.  To respond to the warm welcome and help, he then turns around and wants us to start at the highest price mentioned for  a perfect pair (and way above what they are worth) and have a bidding war.   If this forum family acted this way none of us would be here.  This really bothers me, but I will bow out of this.

• Like 2