Can you help with history on my Khorns?

nullzilla

Hi Jim and Ray.  I bought a pair of Klipschorns at an estate sale last month, and have finally started researching them to see what I have.  

What I was told at the estate sale was that the previous owner had owned an audio store and had bought these new.  From doing some reading and posting on the 2-Way Audio forum I surmise that at the very least the cabinets were added post-purchase.  At some point the back plywood was also spray-painted black.  They left the labels unpainted, but there is considerable overspray on the labels that makes them a bit tough to read.  The labels on the bass cabinets give the serial numbers as 1722 and 1723, the midrange horns are both K-5-J, serial numbers 1891 and 1894, and the midrange drivers are K 55V's serial numbers 2898 and 2909.  At the prodding of some more experienced members here, I removed a lot of the decorative wood and grills to find that the tweeters are K77's and the woofers are K-33-J.

I've posted some pictures in this thread:  

I'm hoping you can give me some information on when the speakers were built and shipped, and what the original components were.  Looking at the Codex, I'm guessing the midrange and tweeter were updated, and there were cabinets added.  If you have any information on that (specific to my units or general info) I would love to have it.

Thanks!  Please let me know if you need any info from me.

Edited by nullzilla
Correcting typo