Got my new toy....

Boilermaker86

So I’m beginning to like this Facebook market place. I replaced my old LCD Tv with the TC-P55ST50 Panasonic Plasma TV. Bigger and more clearer. Still getting used to the motion being faster and I ran my digital antenna and didn’t get nearly as many channels as my old Samsung tv. Total cost $240 for a 55” tv. What you think, not bad right? 

8AB72FAB-6BA1-47DC-B6E3-9CF2F5B36E57.jpeg

• Like 4

I didn’t like the motion at first....seemed like everything was on fast forward. I went through the settings and found one for motion set at medium. I turned it off and back to normal. I originally had a plasma in 2005 and replaced it with a Samsung lcd when it had a problem in 2008. I noticed the picture quality was not as good. Now I’m back to a plasma and love it to far. 

14 hours ago, CHASLS2 said:

Good deal neal. I sold my 60vt60 for $500. I jumped into 4k with a Sony 65" A1E OLED and a UHD player. There is no going back now.

That’s why I got it! Seemed like a great deal. I still can’t believe the quality. Now I am just waiting for the R-115sw to go on sale at frys for 399 again. 

On 10/15/2017 at 12:40 AM, Boilermaker86 said:

So I’m beginning to like this Facebook market place.

I replaced my old LCD Tv with the TC-P55ST50 Panasonic Plasma TV.

I've never heard of market place.  Please explain?

Did you get that Panny new or used?  Either way, good deal.  :emotion-21:

Lastly, what kind of stand are you using?

2 minutes ago, Schu said:

Facebook loads product on your page that is location dependent... close to your proximity, where ever that happens to be at any given moment.

Interesting.  I'm not a big Facebook person and I had never heard of it.  Is it a Craigslist type of deal, or is it new merchandise?  Do you have to sign up for it?

Pretty much it’s Craigslist on Facebook. Mostly used items like Craigslist, but there can be new items. For example there was a new sealed RC-62 II someone was selling for $200. The nice thing is you can look at person’s profile to get an idea about the seller.

So this TV was used but the seller was selling it for an elderly person moving back to the U.K. They kept the receipt and even called Best Buy to make sure the geek squad warranty was transferrable. Seemed like straight up nice people and the TV is in mint condition. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I've never heard of market place.  Please explain?

Did you get that Panny new or used?  Either way, good deal.  :emotion-21:

Lastly, what kind of stand are you using?

As for the TV stand I believe this is the new model. I think it went onsale for $130 and I bought it. It’s really spacious and fits the receiver and center perfectly and looks like it will hold an RC-64 with no problem. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Spar-Glass-and-Metal-TV-Stand-for-TVs-up-to-65/21889635

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...