Kidney Stone Free....again

Youthman

• Moderators

Today I had my second Lithotripsy surgery to remove a 7.5mm kidney stone.  Got home around 5pm.  I absolutely cannot believe how well I feel, even with a stent in.  I had some pain so I took a pain pill and sat in a hot bath and now I'm feeling great.  I even felt good enough to have a guy come by to buy an old Sony Receiver I had listed on Craigslist.  LOL 

• Like 5

Glad to hear you are doing Well. Those are a bear ! 

I had them once back in the 90's and they had to go get them the old fashioned way :angry:

I've been kicked in the eye with a skate blade and been through the windshield during a head on collision . I would take either option over the Kidney Stones :lol:

• Moderators

Yeah, this is my 5th one one 8 years.  Passed a 5mm at a youth event called "Rock the Universe" (how ironic is that) at Universal Studios eight years ago.  Then 3 years ago I had surgery to remove a 5mm and 7mm and today they removed a 7.4mm.

• Sad 1

Yeah, they need to find a way to have criminals deal with kidney stones as part of their punishment for the crime they committed.

Hope I never get one again.....ughh.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Congrats on getting it out.

Until you've had one, there is no way to appreciate how painful they can be.  I had 3-4 when I lived in Florida...  did CT scans and found out I had more 'baking in the oven' however, I've been back in TN now for nearly 4 years and (knock on wood) not the first hint of one.

When I had my shoulder surgery, they gave me some Oxy-Codone for the pain.  I took those for about 2-3 days and stopped, realizing the pain was bearable.....AND....I'd rather keep those in reserve for my next stone...  

As Gnote says...  skate blade or an ice pick to the eye would hurt less...

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, rebuy said:

Every time I list on CL--scammers want to send a check -- till it clears

then their agent will come by to pick up the item---RIGHT.

Yeah, I've received those too.  Most of the time I like to have fun with them.

I typically reply with something like, "WOW!  I'm soooo glad you are willing to pay me extra for my trouble of having to ship the item to you.  I am really grateful because I could really use the money for my mom who has a terrible ingrown toenail that needs to be removed.  If you can send me your address, mother's maiden name, social security number, banking account info and the deed to your home, I will get it shipped out right away!"

Surprisingly I have never received a reply.  Oh well...a man can only try.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today I had my second Lithotripsy surgery to remove a 7.5mm kidney stone.  Got home around 5pm.  I absolutely cannot believe how well I feel, even with a stent in.  I had some pain so I took a pain pill and sat in a hot bath and now I'm feeling great.  I even felt good enough to have a guy come by to buy an old Sony Receiver I had listed on Craigslist.  LOL 
That pain is unbearable.. i had a couple through the years, and by now i know as soon as the pain starts, and i head straight to the ER.. Once, i walked into ER like a zombie i was pale, and was taken right in, and gave the injection 10 mins later..
Last one i had wad about 3 years ago, and i know it will come back around 5 years..
Glad you doing well..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Youthman said:

With that stent and passing fragments, alternate the pain meds with ibuprofen if it doesn't bother your stomach.   Drown yourself in fluids.  If the stone was in the kidney and not the ureter, then lay on your opposite side at times to facilitate easier passage.

good luck

jc

8 minutes ago, A1UC said:

I had a Lithotripsy last year for a 10mm stone , before that I had 4 more removed. The 1st stent the doctor removed and the others I removed . I’d rather remove my own any day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10mm! That's huge.....I don't even want to think about that.

Michael, glad this one went well. Is there something in the water or your diet causing this?

• Like 1

Hate it when you see a couple of rocks in the bottom of toilet after hurtin for a while. Then a few hours later you realize they've shredded your ureter all the way down and it hurts like hell for the next couple of days. 

@Youthman all I can wish for you is that they will always be able to do that procedure for you.  And that you can drink lots of water and less coffee (I try!) They won't do those procedures for me `cause the cirrhosis at first then the immunos after the big operation. I used the last of my six year old hydromorphone a couple weeks ago when what I mentioned above happened.

You're in FL, I'm still and always have been in the South. We're in the "kidney stone belt" if you've got the garden variety... calcium - caffeine - legume boulders.

Seen the ultrasounds of `em? They look like damn gumballs and those pollen spores under a microscope from an antihistamine commercial .....truly insidious... like a Dr. Seuss nightmare.

BE WELL, DRINK WATER.

You guys don't wanna compare your "catch" with mine near the bottom of my right kidney I had a 3 x 5 centimeter one when they went looking. Yea that isn't mm that is cm. It kept giving for the last decade... think it's gone. I think it's gone. I think it's gone. Hope it's true!

liquidambar_styraciflua_1.jpg

• Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Coytee said:

Until you've had one, there is no way to appreciate how painful they can be.  I had 3-4 when I lived in Florida... 

I didn't get them until we moved into this house (which has city water).  I know we have Calcium deposits in our water because we have white spots on our refrigerator water dispenser.

23 minutes ago, A1UC said:

I had a Lithotripsy last year for a 10mm stone , before that I had 4 more removed. The 1st stent the doctor removed and the others I removed . I’d rather remove my own any day

My first Litho was external, meaning they used a shock wave outside of my body using an Xray machine to aim where the stones were.  I had a stent added for several days and had to remove it myself.  1hr AFTER removal, I had the most SEVERE pain I have EVER had, even more so than the kidney stones.  I'm assuming my kidney began to spasm.

This go around, they decided to go internal up through my deal, laser it and pull it out. The Dr said he added the smallest stent he could add and the stent feels SOOOOO much more comfortable than the first one I had done several years ago.  I could barely sit down before because it was constantly poking me here and there.  This one, I can sit and walk with ease.

The one thing that is very painful is going to the bathroom.  Feels like I'm peeing fire and at the same time, it adds significant kidney pain and bladder pain.  Hop in a hot bath and it seems to help it all to relax.  3 days and counting!

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, jwc said:

With that stent and passing fragments, alternate the pain meds with ibuprofen if it doesn't bother your stomach.   Drown yourself in fluids.  If the stone was in the kidney and not the ureter, then lay on your opposite side at times to facilitate easier passage.

They removed the stone during surgery.  There just might be some kidney stone "dust" or very small particles from the laser blasting it but I really don't have to "pass" anything.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Youthman said:

They removed the stone during surgery.  There just might be some kidney stone "dust" or very small particles from the laser blasting it but I really don't have to "pass" anything.

Oh, so you had Ureteroscopy and laser lithotripsy

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Michael, glad this one went well. Is there something in the water or your diet causing this?

I'm wondering if having hard, calcium water (city water) is a major contributor (see post above).  But also, my Dad has had his share of Kidney Stones so part of it may be hereditary.  Then the other main thing is I don't really get thirsty throughout the day.  I typically drink a smoothie for breakfast, some drink (1/2 water bottle or a coke), then a 1/2 glass of water with dinner.  That's about it.  So part of the problem is I'm not consuming enough clear fluid to flush them as they begin forming.   That is a habit I just have to learn to do.

Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy

Had 2 of them , 2nd one they woke me up the machine died and they had to get another one then I was put under again my luck . Got a CT scan last week they found a 3 mm one now . Oh and to top it off a enlarged prostate . It never ends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, A1UC said:

Coffee ?

1, maybe 2 cups a year.

1 minute ago, jwc said:

Oh, so you had Ureteroscopy and laser lithotripsy

Believe so.  Now that I'm reading the words, it makes more sense now and will be easier to remember what the procedure was called.

My wife was VERY surprised how well I'm doing.  I've been at my computer most of the night, able to walk around just fine, ate a good meal for dinner.

• Like 2