Kidney Stone Free....again

Youthman

• Moderators
Just now, A1UC said:

Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy

Had 2 of them , 2nd one they woke me up the machine died and they had to get another one then I was put under again my luck . Got a CT scan last week they found a 3 mm one now . Oh and to top it off a enlarged prostate . It never ends

Is that where they put you in the water and shock you?  I heard that's like being hit with a 2x4!  I felt nothing.  They put me to sleep, woke up feeling groggy, but after about 1hr, I felt great.  Other than they wanted me to go to the bathroom before they would release me so I did and HOLY COW!  Yup, that burned.  They gave me meds and apparently I went to sleep causing my wife to wait a bit longer for me to come out of recovery.  LOL

What is the root cause of K stones? I've never had the experience, thankfully. Not enough water? Poor quality water? Too much coffee? 
Soft drinks? Body chemistry?
Thanks

Drinking plenty of fluids helps , I drink crystal light lemonade most of the day . Also depends on the type of stone .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, richieb said:

What is the root cause of K stones? I've never had the experience, thankfully. Not enough water? Poor quality water? Too much coffee? 

Soft drinks? Body chemistry?

In my case, I was a pop drinker.  I probably drank five 2 liter bottles per week for years.  Now I drink 99% water and Kool-aid.  I'll drink a Pepsi if I'm out but we don't keep pop in the house any more.

I went to the ER for my kidney stones in so much pain they gave me morphine.  Didn't even slow it down.  Then they gave me Dilaudid.  The Dilaudid didn't kill the pain, it just made me enjoy it.  

Back to the Star of Our Show:  Sorry to hear of your stones, Michael.  I was hoping that had passed you by.  Glad you're feeling better, my friend.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Never had one and from the way it sounds I have been very lucky.

Glad your doing better Michael, I think they say the pain is as close to having a baby as a male can experience, I can do without that ! :blink:

• Like 1

recommend things to prevent 

kidney stones..

I'm in trouble... 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319537.php

6. Avoiding excessive caffeine consumption

Caffeine speeds up metabolism and can cause dehydration. The recommended upper limit for adults is 400 milligrams (mg) of caffeine daily, which is equivalent to about 4 cups of coffee.

8 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Plus being a pastor, I don't think it would go over well with the church if I had a beer a day.  :P

ya. maybe not.  sounds like you're recovering nicely.  good job & glad to hear that.

• Moderators

I had a really good day yesterday. Today was pretty good up until about 3 o’clock in then I started having considerable pain in my kidney. Even with pain meds and anti-spasm meds I’m starting. I’ve probably had 4 hot baths today.  Doesn’t seem to be going away.  I called the urologist today to see if I can schedule for the stent to be removed they said they would call me. I’m going to call them again tomorrow morning because I would love to get it out as soon as possible.  The stent by far is a whole lot better than the first step and it’s a lot smaller but it’s still painful when you go to the bathroom