Klipsch R-112SW Fluttering/Drumming Noise

wmarkw

Hey All.  I bought a 6 month old 112 off a neighbor who was moving a didnt want to take it with him.  Came with the wireless kit too.  Sounds amazing and it still smells new.  I'm running with the wireless kit and pleased that there have been no issues with that; all in all a perfect bass thumping sub.  Occasionally when we watch OTA/Roku programming (low volume) the sub will make a fluttering sound (duu duu duuuuu duuu) like a little drummer boy.  It's not every night but this is maybe the 2nd or 3rd time I've noticed this since  I've owned the sub ( couple months).  Any ideas?  Even though I'm with in the year mfg warranty since I'm not the original owner i'm probably screwed if its something major.  But it works flawless for the most part.  thanks.

• 7 months later...

This is still happening.  the only thing i can think of wireless interference??  But it's progressed to a daily issue.  When I put my hand on the sub i can feel it moving a little so its picking up a hidden signal.  Even when we mute the Denon it's still there.   It's getting annoying but it does go away when i turn the volume UP but sometimes you dont want your tv shows blasting??  Thoughts?

10 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Will it happen if it's plugged into the wall only with wireless and all other wires disconnected?

Tested it out last night.  Sub power plugged into the wall (green light ON) and I disconnected the wireless plug on the back and there was NO fluttering noise.  Should have done this a while back to isolate my issue.  I'm thinking of maybe unplugging the main adapter to the denon and doing an overall reset.  If I recall I think this wireless adapter has its own network or whatever so it will only pick up that signal.  I have never had any dropouts and leave the switch on auto.  It turns on fine and will eventually turn off several minutes after i power down my set up.  The sub has occasionally woken up out of AUTO to flutter when nothing else is turned on.  Maybe I have a bad wireless package?  Hoping its not the sub.  Love this thing and I have to run wireless unfortunately.  Thanks!

29 minutes ago, wmarkw said:

Tested it out last night.  Sub power plugged into the wall (green light ON) and I disconnected the wireless plug on the back and there was NO fluttering noise.  Should have done this a while back to isolate my issue.  I'm thinking of maybe unplugging the main adapter to the denon and doing an overall reset.  If I recall I think this wireless adapter has its own network or whatever so it will only pick up that signal.  I have never had any dropouts and leave the switch on auto.  It turns on fine and will eventually turn off several minutes after i power down my set up.  The sub has occasionally woken up out of AUTO to flutter when nothing else is turned on.  Maybe I have a bad wireless package?  Hoping its not the sub.  Love this thing and I have to run wireless unfortunately.  Thanks!

Is there a way you can temporarily try it with an RCA cable for signal?

• Like 1