Solid State Recap???

rplace

I don't have the ability or more importantly the time to take on a project like recapping an amplifier. Does anyone have some contact info or a recommendation? I'm thinking someone like Craig from NOS Valves but for solid state. I've got 4 Carver TFM-25 amps from the early 90s that I am sure need some attention. There is a place in Oregon, but they are a bit pricy, very far for me to ship and I'm trying to explore all options.

Thanks!

Check out www.thecarversite.com as they are the resident pro's on all things Carver. Lots of knowledgeable people and techs there that can direct you to the right place or sometimes them do it for you. They were a ton of help to me thru the years with my Carver gear which I still own. Including, a Carver C-1 preamp with BillD mods, an M-1.0t MkII Opt 002 amp, a completely rebuilt M-200t, and some other goods. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I actually stumbled upon TheCarverSite when I started this process. The people that I've gotten ahold of so far over there are booked/busy. Great site lots of welcoming people, no attitude at all. I'm not looking to do it dirt cheap just want to explore all my options first. The place on Oregon is top of my list so far but I'm not all that keen on shipping a couple hundred of pounds the entire with of the country twice if I don't have to. Maybe it is just a guy with a website, hard to tell these days, but seemed a bit less than personal.

I'll give the other two a look. Thanks again!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Rxonmymind said:

Go straight to the man that Carver blessed. Seriously. 

http://www.flannerysvintageaudio.com

I know Bill personally, great guy but he only repairs Sunfire gear, no Carver stuff at all. I've asked him about this before and he said maybe if things Sunfire ever slowed down he'd consider branching out but he stays busy as it is and any down time is appreciated.