Which corners for Khorns in a 16x23 room??

wilbucd

Hey folks. Quick question. I'm building a new music room. Dimensions are 16x23 with a 9' ceiling. Will the Klipschorns perform better on the 23' wall in the corners with the couch being backed up to the wall or on the 16' wall having about 6' to the wall behind the couch? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

It is best not to think in terms of distances. Rather, think in terms of angles. A 60 deg angle is good and I would not go larger than 75 deg. Having distance behind the chair is also good since it delays the rare echo. Try and delay it by at least 10 msec (which translates to about an extra 10 ft).

• 4 weeks later...

In a previous home, I had my Khorns in a room almost identical in size to what you have.  Initially, I had the Khorns along the 23' wall (my room may have been 22') and they sounded incredible.  Both speakers pointed pretty much directly at my ears in my sitting position.  I later added a projector and the only way I could get the projector to fit was to put the screen on the 16' wall which necessitated moving the Khorns to along the 16' wall.  My new sitting position was now further back relatively speaking and the "crossing point" of the speakers was now in front of me.  The Khorns still sounded incredible.