Water Heater Anode Question

tigerwoodKhorns

22 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Nah. I remember once my brother worked on his plumbing for two days because he didn't realize you could replace the stem packing on a valve. I wish he had asked me about it.

My apologies, it was Eric that mentioned the hose bib.

I might add that the anode is screwed onto the tank so hard that I needed a 1/2" electric powered  roto-hammer tool and special socket to remove it. Those people want you to purchase a new tank, not an anode. All the plumbers that I talked to say the warranty matches the life of the anode.

JJK

1 hour ago, JJkizak said:

I might add that the anode is screwed onto the tank so hard that I needed a 1/2" electric powered  roto-hammer tool and special socket to remove it. Those people want you to purchase a new tank, not an anode. All the plumbers that I talked to say the warranty matches the life of the anode.

Dead on accurate, word for word, double especially the first sentence.  In my case, I was using a 1/2" pneumatic impact driver. 

If you find a new tank with one anode, it might have 5 year warranty....find with with two anodes, it might have a 10 year warranty....  The numbers might not be correct but you will see a correlation.

Lesson?  Buy a single anode, lessor warranty & save some money.....but....  plan to replace the anode.