The Wussification

oldtimer

• Moderators
Just now, Zen Traveler said:

I contend if you took the Lounge and Garage section out this would be a pretty dull place. Of course I could be wrong and am only  expressing my opinion and opinions change--After all, I hated the Lounge and now I am posting in it. ;)

I was talking about Facebook reducing posts on Forum.  There is a Klipsch Fan Facebook page, it has many members from here, it has brought new members here.   It has Klipsch employees who have joined who post there but not here, here but not there.  

The Klipsh owners FB pahe has over 4,000 members.  I think it is only a year.old.  It is very much like the forum in the early days,.photos of new speakers, I just bought this or that.  Very little "you have heard anything until you have heard [fill in the blank]."

I'm in there about once a week.  I have yet to see a political comment.  

The official Klipsch site has over 400,000 followers.

Dave @Mallette mentioned at a very early stage of the Museum planning that you have to be on.FB to be relevant and he was astounded at the response he had gotten in short. order.with his development of the RMHC.

It is a different way of communicating then the Forum, and there is overlap.  

6 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

It has Klipsch employees who have joined who post there but not here, here but not there.  

Well, I won't be the only one telling you that Klipsch Employee participation has dropped in the forum compared to earlier years and

It is a different way of communicating then the Forum, and there is overlap.  

I don't deny there is overlap, but doesn't necessarily negate what I contend.--Btw, I totally agree with Dave

Dave @Mallette mentioned at a very early stage of the Museum planning that you have to be on.FB to be relevant and he was astounded at the response he had gotten in short. order.with his development of the RMHC.

and my business is on Facebook and Twitter but I am not the one who posts, and responds. Fwiw,  I am also not against it but feel those venues would take up all of my spare time and I would alienate family and friends. ;) 

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Well, I won't be the only one telling you that Klipsch Employee participation has dropped in the forum compared to earlier years and

I don't deny there is overlap, but doesn't necessarily negate what I contend.--Btw, I totally agree with Dave

and my business is on Facebook and Twitter but I am not the one who posts, and responds. Fwiw,  I am also not against it but feel those venues would take up all of my spare time and I would alienate family and friends. ;) 

You left out the part where I said they are different.

The Klipsch employee participation on private Klipsch Owners page is almost daily, in part because you have new people asking new questions about Klipsch products.  

Where the forum excels is having categories  (sub-forums) and subcategories.   It is also searchable.

FB OTOH is a "live" stream, the posts can vary widely by topic.

You can't compare this forum to the FB setup.

Its family here where talk goes way beyond speakers and thank goodness for that. 

Most people have been posting here for 10 -15 years and longer and for the most part its still the same crew.  While everyone has a poke or a prod for the usuals and rarely agree on every matter, we're all still friends in the end.  Now this may hardly be the case in every situation, but its still just a gathering around the dinner table until someone throws a biscuit and gets excused.  ITs just expected with family/

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Max2 said:

You can't compare this forum to the FB setup.

Its family here where talk goes way beyond speakers and thank goodness for that. 

Most people have been posting here for 10 -15 years and longer and for the most part its still the same crew.  While everyone has a poke or a prod for the usuals and rarely agree on every matter, we're all still friends in the end.  Now this may hardly be the case in every situation, but its still just a gathering around the dinner table until someone throws a biscuit and gets excused.  ITs just expected with family/

I agree 100% with all of that.  I would add that a more complete analogy is that it is a family that has been invited to another family's house for a swim and barbeque and as you walk in the house it clearly says "No cussing, no spitting, don't pee in the pool, and absolutely no politics at the dinner table."  

Travis

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

I agree 100% with all of that.  I would add that a more complete analogy is that it is a family that has been invited to another family's house for a swim and barbeque and as you walk in the house it clearly says "No cussing, no spitting, don't pee in the pool, and absolutely no politics at the dinner table."  

Travis

You're right. 

I don't consider myself an insider here, but I read a lot of the comments and "intellectual" speaking and spills from the oldies here.  It is nice to hear an opposing side or view of things because they're usually eager to explain their view and offer a different take.  Sadly, there is just not much discussion these days with unknowns on the crazy events going on, just a lot of one sided my way or the highway with no facts, just some mythical smoke monster that is causing it all and being blamed on others. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Max2 said:

You're right. 

I don't consider myself an insider here, but I read a lot of the comments and "intellectual" speaking and spills from the oldies here.  It is nice to hear an opposing side or view of things because they're usually eager to explain their view and offer a different take.  Sadly, there is just not much discussion these days with unknowns on the crazy events going on, just a lot of one sided my way or the highway with no facts, just some mythical smoke monster that is causing it all and being blamed on others. 

That another thing agree 100% with.

Ladies, prove you are not a wuss and order my hot sauce today.  Will ship tomorrow for tonight's orders.  Remember, The Sting is limited don't miss out.

Makes great stir fry and hot wings......add to guacamole or queso.   Makes a great topper on cream cheese.  Dash it on deviled eggs.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Ladies, prove you are not a wuss and order my hot sauce today.  Will ship tomorrow for tonight's orders.  Remember, The Sting is limited don't miss out.

i want a bottle of the scorpion of whatever you call it. PayPal will be sent tonight.  Cool?  i still have some from the three bottles of the regular stuff...so what is the cost of one bottle of the new stuff?

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Same price, but no worries your bottle is already reserved from a previous post.   How do you like the XX Holy habanero?

i don’t think i’ve tried that yet; but, the two others are nearly empty.  I’ve been taking the rubber seal out and pouring it on the food, being so thick it’s hard to get enough out with just shaking the bottle. But, i love the stuff...should be named after me. Hey Obama changed Mt Kinley back to Mt Denali; so why not name the sauce after me.