The Wussification

oldtimer

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Of the forum.

It is a conundrum that so many complain about the wussification of others, yet fail to see it in themselves.   In another forum we called them touchy ferkers.  Man up folks, quit being so touchy. 

and of course now that there is no longer a place (on this forum) to semi-intelligently discuss "sensitive" subjects,  threads are now being trashed by linked videos and other junk. because other fluffy threads apparently can't hold sufficient interest.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

and of course now that there is no longer a place (on this forum) to semi-intelligently discuss "sensitive" subjects

Yes there is.

OK, let me pose an honest question to everyone that felt wronged by the deletion of the NoBS area.  How many of the (maybe) dozen or so regular posters have started a group PM to discuss "sensitive" subjects?  You can invite as many people as you like and best of all NO MODERATION in pm's!!!  OMG that's exactly what you guys have been after.  Free discussion and no one looking over your shoulder.  Say what you like, get personal, who cares.  If no one has done that then why not?  If it's currently happening then why is there still resentment over it not being there anymore?

11 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Of the forum.

It is a conundrum that so many complain about the wussification of others, yet fail to see it in themselves.   In another forum we called them touchy ferkers.  Man up folks, quit being so touchy. 

Uh-oh. Must have gotten exciting after I went to bed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes there is.

OK, let me pose an honest question to everyone that felt wronged by the deletion of the NoBS area.  How many of the (maybe) dozen or so regular posters have started a group PM to discuss "sensitive" subjects? 

I haven't but have had the urge to reach out to individuals that I considered friends. Otoh, I don't wish to have debates/discussions with people whom I always agree with because It's hard to learn about another's perspective. .

You can invite as many people as you like and best of all NO MODERATION in pm's!!!  OMG that's exactly what you guys have been after. 

That's the aspect that I don't like. I am a firm believer in Free Speech and choose to express my thoughts in writing. Yes, I wish I was a better writer but when the name calling starts I feel those discussions need to be curbed and I have no time documenting stupid shit....Speaking of stupid shit: {Note: Not CECAA850's in particular} 

Free discussion and no one looking over your shoulder.  Say what you like, get personal, who cares.  If no one has done that then why not?  If it's currently happening then why is there still resentment over it not being there anymore?

I have absolutely no resentment for the NO BS Section being closed but have expressed my feelings on missing the frank discussions we've had. I also feel comfortable with every word I wrote. Otoh, I have been "looking over" all of y'alls "shoulders" and must say that pretty much all topics in this lounge Section I'm not interested in except the ones that have been locked--I also haven't gone back to the locked thread because usually (always) they get closed when someone on one side of the spectrum loses it on a topic that can't help but get political.  

That's my take. Btw, I love the Home Theater Section of the Klipsch Forum and appreciate seeing all of the opinions still being expressed--I can't wait to go Atmos!. :) 

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes there is.

OK, let me pose an honest question to everyone that felt wronged by the deletion of the NoBS area.  How many of the (maybe) dozen or so regular posters have started a group PM to discuss "sensitive" subjects?  You can invite as many people as you like and best of all NO MODERATION in pm's!!!  OMG that's exactly what you guys have been after.  Free discussion and no one looking over your shoulder.  Say what you like, get personal, who cares.  If no one has done that then why not?  If it's currently happening then why is there still resentment over it not being there anymore?

First of all, perhaps no one knew that a group PM could offer the measure of "privacy" that you describe...So, asking "why not?" is not exactly fair.

Secondly, at least in my case, it wasn't a matter of "resentment", but rather disappointment, on several levels.

questions:

Can a person extract themselves from a group PM if they choose to no longer participate in that PM?

There is absolutely no moderator vision into any of the group PM's?  

4 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

and of course now that there is no longer a place (on this forum) to semi-intelligently discuss "sensitive" subjects,  threads are now being trashed by linked videos and other junk. because other fluffy threads apparently can't hold sufficient interest.

semi maybe, intelligent questionable