The Wussification

oldtimer

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Skype presents the time problem.  If everyone is on at different times, then no one hears the others.  If the tree falls in the woods, sure it makes a sound, but that doesn't mean a human hears it.

I was in the woods...and a free fell..

and it did make a noise !!

just allocate a time for a Skype...

send out a pm.  for invitations

lock in the first 25...if there's that

many... than before the Skype ends..

decide to stay on topic....or have

an agreement on the next topic and

Skype...

Just now, BigStewMan said:

think of it like a group email.  you just address the pm to all the members that you want ... everyone you list gets it and everyone gets every reply from every participant.

Even I understand that. Thanks for imparting your knowledge on the subject. Best of fortune.

Thanks again...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

think of it like a group email.  you just address the pm to all the members that you want ... everyone you list gets it and everyone gets every reply from every participant.

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

Even I understand that. Thanks for imparting your knowledge on the subject. Best of fortune.

Thanks again...

I guess I don't get invited to

the party

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

2 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

I don't remember the "malcontents and thinkers" reference, sounds to be more articulate than I am capable of.

Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.

Wow! I thought it was delivered brilliantly and after he said he didn't recognize it thought about asking oldtimer where it could've come from---Regardless, I'm stealin'' it now. :emotion-22:

14 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

it would be like the barber shop scene from gran torino  

you would have to figure out 

my character...

13 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

saw that movie a long while ago, don’t recall that particular scene.

That was one of those excellent Clint performances I wish I had never seen.  I'm sort of a wussy when it comes to unhappy endings. Pretty much stormed out of Million Dollar Baby.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

That was one of those excellent Clint performances I wish I had never seen.  I'm sort of a wussy when it comes to unhappy endings. Pretty much stormed out of Million Dollar Baby.  

it's called life viewed through someone else's eyes for your

interpretation...

29 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

C'mon man! Can't you see I'm trying not to be banned. ;) 

If you haven't been banned from a forum, you are not trying hard enough.  For me it has been hifi wigwam (a douchy English forum) and another several times run by an English ******, and I think from the art of sound, another douchy English forum----some might see the trend here.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

If you haven't been banned from a forum, you are not trying hard enough.  For me it has been hifi wigwam (a douchy English forum) and another several times run by an English ******, and I think from the art of sound, another douchy English forum----some might see the trend here.

you saying you got the old Pip Pip Cherrio.

23 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

you saying you got the old Pip Pip Cherrio.

just messed up their tea time..

ruffled some derby hats

9 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

ruffled some derby hats

i have a bowler hat ... i actually wore it recently when i hit the town.  Bowler hat with my black & white striped bell bottoms (purchased from England by the way).

I only wear the bowler hat when i need to ... normally I’m a pork pie hat guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

it's called life viewed through someone else's eyes for your

interpretation...

Got it. It was too close to home for me. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all sorts of uncomfortable performances and story lines, but....

• Like 1