Let's Go Yankees.....

jimjimbo

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Not watching baseball since the Giants SUCKED; but, please someone, anyone don’t let the Dodgers win the world series. They are my most hated team in all of sports. 

i’d even go to a hockey game if it would help the Dodgers lose.

I'm with you there as long as it isn't the Yankees.  Thus the potential nightmare.  I'll take you to a hockey game anyway, it could be the therapy for us both.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'm with you there as long as it isn't the Yankees.  Thus the potential nightmare.  I'll take you to a hockey game anyway, it could be the therapy for us both.

I also agree with you that the Raider game last night was a breath of fresh air. Read this morning, that Marshawn Lynch took the BART home.  I wonder if he always does that. 

I used to take BART as well; but, if the Raiders are getting killed, I’d duck out a bit early because it can get a bit hairy out there at night, and the last thing i need is to be around a bunch of drunk, angry people that like to fight anyway. The worst part is standing there waiting for the train. No matter what you do, it’s going to piss off someone.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I have friends a few blocks from a stop.  You walk several blocks into Berkeley.  Is that safe?

sorry, didn’t see this post.  Never spent any time in Berkeley, most of my travel was leaving Oakland and heading the other direction towards Hayward. 

The Coliseum stop isn’t in the best part of town so to speak. I’ve actually been scared there in the middle of the day (it’s also the closest stop to the airport).  There is a section of BART through Oakland where the cops ride the train. 

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

the mission district.

the mission is an interesting area. Years ago, took my camera and walked the area. Got some great photos, that sadly were on a computer that was stolen when my house was burglarized. My roots may be in Oakland; but, i really love San Francisco. Cool city to explore.