Let's Go Yankees.....

jimjimbo

just not a city that is fun to drive around. My cousin lived there most of his life, he told me once that it was cheaper for him to get a parking ticket everyday than the cost of parking in a parking garage. 

One year, went to the Christmas Tree lighting in Union Square -- Sharon Stone was there. 

If i’m just hanging out there with no agenda, i’ll take the ferry from Jack London Square in Oakland over to Fisherman’s Wharf. I’ve walked quite a bit of that city (and with those hills, it’s a workout).

Verlander was too much; 9-0 with 1.23 ERA as an Astro.

A few years ago we almost killed him.  We were in a van turning a corner in front of his condo.  My son was driving, I was shotgun.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw someone getting ready to step off the curb right in front of us against the light.  I'm willing the person to look up and stay put, which he did at the last second.  My son asked, did you see who that is?  I turned back in time to see JV.

• Like 2

It's the butterfly effect.  But for a Japanese sniper in the Philippines in 1945, my father would not have married a young war widow, and my son and I would not have been in that van.

It just occurred to me; that widow, my mother, would have been 95 today on her birthday.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Houston's hitters have arrived! I think they will be a sentimental favorite by many, that would sure give that city a nice punch in the arm.

Houston has only been to one world series ever.  Maybe this year they'll finally win a world series game.