KSM-12 II

JohnA

I just bought a KSM-12-II-B to use in live performances.  It is very clean and has almost no signs of use.  The SN is KSM12B-0518 0027 and it was inspected/tested by  Gwen Stewart.  How old is it?  What drivers should it have?  What are the correct fuses?  It had a 20A AGC fuse in the HF fuse holder and nothing in the LF fuse holder.  For now the 20A in in the LF and a 3A in in the HF.  It sounds fine, but maybe a little bright. 

I would like to have another. 

Hi John,

I had the same fuse question for a pair of KP-320's I bought recently. Marked on the input cup was 4 amp low and 1 amp hi. What was in there was 20 amp and the woofers had been blown up literally. I was told that pro speakers came with 20 amp fuses from the factory per installer requests so they would not have to climb up in the air to fix things. The speakers were supposed to be protected electrically downstream from either remote fuses  or other electrical  circuit limiters. If this was not done then follow what is on the input cup was the advice I was given.