The Fifteens

I'd say there is a very real possibility they won't release these.  They are so large that it would be a nightmare to pay for returns if something in the active electronics failed.  I don't think many people would buy a pair of speakers that cost that much without the ability to hook other amplifiers up etc.  I just don't think there is a market for a $3k dollar "plug and play" pair of stereo speakers.

The Fifteens would have to ship on a freight truck, so it's too big of a gamble for Klipsch to hope nothing in the Chinese electronics fails and they have to pay hundreds in return shipping while they also cannibalize sales of Fortes, Cornwall's, or Heresies.  

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think The Fifteens is going to be like those concept cars you see that never go into production.  I haven't heard anything further about the release of those for several months.  I think you'd be better served getting a pair of Cornwall's or Forte-iii and using the Powergate Max amplifier they debuted at CES when it's released.

18 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

These are confirmed to be DOA for now.  Fortes are doing too well, active solutions are doing not so well, no reason to try to shoehorn them in the mix.  

The more I thought about "The Fifteen's" the less I liked the idea.  It was a neat concept, but not practical.  

Do you know if they still plan on releasing the Powergate Max?  That idea I really like, and it seems much more practical. 

18 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

These are confirmed to be DOA for now.  Fortes are doing too well, active solutions are doing not so well, no reason to try to shoehorn them in the mix.  

Do you think Klipsch is going to kill speakers like the The Sixes, The Three, R15-pm?   

I was actually kind of excited to hear them and of the ease of set up and play.  I was looking for something in my living space that didn't require and amp and wiring.  I already have heritage speakers in my game room with a peach tree audio nova 150.  Oh well, maybe I will look into the stadium, looking for something that will give big concert style volume in my living room without wiring? Anybody heard or had experience with the stadium?

I saw this then got an email today about all Klipsch's new powered reference series speakers.

Problem I see with this methodology is lack of management of speaker sound.  Where's the EQ that many times is helpful with taming the horns and provide some room/location management?

Other than that and the issue of having one amplifier plate in only one speaker (I like seeing two plates and equal air volume in both speakers), they look nice for the price.  Seems a good processor on the front end would work though then they are pretty inexpensive.

On 10/23/2017 at 6:44 PM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Too bad, awesome looking speaker. Why not put a passive version together?

I didn't specifically mean I thought a revised cornwall should be a 2-way.  I'd like to see a modern mid-horn in the cornwall though.  It's hard to imagine a cornwall IV with a mid horn similar to the Forte III wouldn't be an improvement.

First I saw fifteens they were eye catcher. They simply look beautiful.

Other than that, I am certainly not against going active if this is executed good. Manufacturer should be the first to know how to match amplifier to the speaker, so I tend to believe they do their best. Of course the money spent on extra electronics comes into equation. However, the whole package should be good enough for people wanting to buy it. Klipsch is experienced enough to to that well. As regards some kind of mini-DSP, also - why not implement it? There are speakers on the market with such usable features, there is no hot water to invent here.

• 1 month later...

Is it confirmed these are no go? 

Ideally I wish they'd set these up as passive and have the self powered "just in case" something in our audio chain like a receiver goes kaput. A simple bypass switch would have been great. Having options is always a good idea. 

• Like 1