Review Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Headphones & Photos

Rich_Guy

I just received one of the first pairs of Klipsch Heritage HP-3 headphones to ship, these are Klipsch's brand new flagship headphones, the retail cost is $1,199.00.

Here is my review after spending a weekend with these new headphones along with some photos I've taken. I will compare them to the Sennheiser HD650 which is the headphone I've been using.

OK I definitely like the Klipsch HP-3's. Listening to them they sound clean and open, the bass is good and they are very enjoyable to listen to.

I've done a couple of hours listening to the HP-3's and I directly compared 3 songs with the HP-3's and Sennheiser HD650 listening to each song twice once on one headphone and then the other I listened to these three songs on each headphone.

Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon)- On the Run

Simon & Garfunkel (The Bridge School Concerts, Vol. 1) - America

Tom Petty (The Bridge School Concerts, Vol. 1) - Shadow of a Doubt(A Complex Kid)

Both headphones sound great and both are very nice headphones, but the HP-3's came out the best, my favorite to listen to each time.

The HP-3's seem to sound less like headphones with a little more openness and with a little more live music sound to them. The HD650's are a little more dull. The HP-3's are far more efficient and easier to drive with the HP-3's rated at 25 Ohms and the HD650's at 300 Ohms.

All listening was done using my HTPC through JRiver  - MHDT Stockholm balanced NOS tube DAC - Little Dot MKIII tube headphone amp

Both are comfortable, I prefer the soft lamb skin leather of the HP-3 ear pads over the HD650's soft velour both for style and comfort. I prefer the cool touch of the leather to the warmth of the velour.

The HP-3 is heavier than the HD650 specs show the HD650 as 9.2 oz and the HP-3 as 15.5 oz  

The quality of the HP-3's build shows and stands out with its real wood, leather and metal construction it is a very beautiful design.

The HP-3's storage case is very nice and well constructed. It is a small wooden suitcase with one clear plexiglass side. the top panel with its suit case like handle slides OFF to reveal two nice drawers, one drawer holds the headphones well protected in a thick soft rubber fitted surround and the other drawer holds the included metal headphone stand, cables and authenticity papers.

The HP-3 comes with two very nice cables one about 4 ft and one is about 8 ft. Otherwise the cables are identical and feature nice twisted cable construction with a nice soft cloth like sleeving up to the Y, with two 3.5mm jacks into the headphones and a 1/4" headphone jack which pulls off to reveal a hidden 3.5mm jack as well so the cables will work with either 3.5mm or 1/4" jacks.

Overall the Klipsch Heritage headphones are very nice, a beautiful well designed crafted quality, all wood, leather and metal construction that are comfortable to wear and sound excellent.

Storage case
image.jpg

image.jpg

Included stand
image.jpg

Beautiful wood
image.jpg

Leather at top of band is cowhide, below band and on ear pads is very soft lamb skin leather.
image.jpg

image.jpg

A 3.5mm plug is hidden inside of 1/4" plug on both included cables
image.jpg

Ear pads remove, they are located on pins and strong magnets.
image.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing your first experience with the new Headphones. They certainly looked intriguing when I saw the first announcement.

Appreciate your quality photos of the headphones and their packaging. Klipsch has done a great job presenting this as a high quality product.

The price is on the high side, for me. Hoeever, compared to its competition, appears to priced within its group.

Again appreciate you sharing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

I've not had/used headphones in probably 35 years (yikes) but those are very nice looking!

Nice report (and congrats on what I'd consider to be a bit of a leap of faith??)

Thanks, it wasn't really a leap of faith, I have been following info on these since the beginning of the year, prototype and build info, early reviews before their release, etc. and I have really been looking forward to getting them.