Forte's in Arizona, Great price. $300 for the pair.

Shiva

Hmmm - this price has me thinking - I could replace/sell my Heresy II's (HBRs unfinished) to move a little up the food chain, probably coming out a wash on the buy/sell amounts where I'd sell the H2's.  I live in Chandler, adjacent to the seller - so an easy drive over for me.  I would then be looking at a Bob Crites crossover rebuild on these Forte's - where these would go into my garage (I know, overkill).  Any comments on why this wouldn't be a good idea or worthwhile for the price & provenance (supposedly original owner)?  Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Best Regards,

Rick

On 10/26/2017 at 6:15 PM, rszoke said:

Quick update - I contacted the seller and have a verbal commitment for meeting up next Thursday (due to both our travel schedules), hopefully will report back next with some new (well for me) Forte photo's! 

So, did you get those Forte's yet? 

Super excited on this - where the Forte's were well taken care - the seller is original owner purchasing back in 1985, he was downsizing and had these in storage.  The wood cleaned up nicely, grills are perfect, consecutive numbers - just need to get/install a couple passive dust covers (owner said he mistakenly removed way back when).  I will be firing them up with my oldie-but-goodie Kenwood KA-9100 amp tomorrow - looking forward to that.   I'll be looking to post my Heresy IIs (HBR - never finished) shortly in Garage Sale (Phoenix).  Thanks to Shiva for posting, worked out very well!!!

IMG_4265a.jpg

IMG_4255a.jpg

IMG_4263a.jpg

IMG_4256a.jpg

• Like 3