Duratex Warning!

DizRotus

Unused Duratex is destroyed if allowed to freeze.  If you have unused Duratex in an unheated garage in a climate that has below freezing temperatures, now is the time to store it in a heated space.  If exposed to 32F,  or below, unused Duratex takes on the consistency and texture of crumbling styrofoam.  I lost most of a gallon that way winter before last.

Once applied and cured, 32F and below doesn't faze Duratex.  It's a great product, just don't let it freeze in the can..

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 10/23/2017 at 1:43 PM, DizRotus said:

It also occurred to me.  If you plan to buy Duratex to use over the winter, do so now.  Neither Duratex  nor Parts Express will ship to a cold climate during the winter.

Wow, a company with some brains about sending things to cold weather climates. I work for UPS and you would be amazed how many people buy boxes of wine when it's -10f or more. Those damn things always explode

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

Wow, a company with some brains about sending things to cold weather climates. I work for UPS and you would be amazed how many people buy boxes of wine when it's -10f or more. Those damn things always explode

I'm lucky there. PE is about 35-miles from me. 🙃

One thing I will say is that it will begin to dry very quickly, so do one full surface at a time, and don't go back over once applied.  If you are using a roller, do the final application in one direction across the surface.

Read this:https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/manuals/applying-duratex.pdf

This is great advice. It takes a long time to cure but dries extremely fast.