Klipsch Heresy loaded Credenza?

teaman

7 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

That is very nice looking, although it seems that there's only a midrange and woofer installed from what is pictured, unless I'm missing something.....

I was wondering the same thing. 

I have thought of this idea for my Heresy center  channel. 

The listing states, 

"The unit has been outfitted with Klipsch Heresy horns and woofers." 

That suggests to me that  Heresy components were installed, rather than intact Heresy speakers.  There is probably no tweeter.  If that is the case, we could easily add a tweeter,  confirm a 3-way network and confirm a suitable sealed rear enclosure.  

It looks like he removed the "Free Shipping" in the U.S. while I was checking out.  I'm hoping that he / she will honor the listing.  There's always a way for things to work out.  That type of wall unit does not come available very often and I have a wall in my office that is lonely for it.  I plan on putting my Juicy Music Blueberry Xtreme and NOS VRD 45-ST in it.  I'll scare up tweets and crossovers if necessary for the speakers.

• Like 2

Did you not message them first to ask about the "free shipping"?  Seems like shipping furniture like that would be a costly adventure that would scare me to have done.  It would be like me trying to ship the two 6 foot and 4 foot Barzilay cabinets I've had now for about 10 years that were built in the late 60's/Early 70's. I shudder at the thought of shipping these things.

22 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Did you not message them first to ask about the "free shipping"?  Seems like shipping furniture like that would be a costly adventure I wouldn't want done.  It would be like me trying to ship the 6 foot and 4 foot Barzilay cabinets I've had now for about 10 years that were built in the late 60's/Early 70's. I shudder at the thought of shipping these things.

I understand why you would ask this.  The answer is more nuanced than I thought when I made my above comment.  The seller explained that he does not have an accurate shipping calculator for larger items ( like this ).  So he puts it in as zero $ which results in "free shipping" being added to the listing.  The details are in his shipping policy ( I failed to read prior to purchase ).  To his credit he has agreed to split the shipping with me.  He's an honest seller and I am an honest buyer so we worked it out.  Going forward I will be more careful about reading all the various details relative to a listing.  Long story short I tossed in an additional $ 100.00 as did he and I'll have my unit delivered on Monday.

I'll post some pics for you guys when I get it set up.

avguytx: I want to see pics of your Barzilay cabinets.  I am a big fan of Barzilay, I have two of their tables with which I'll never part.  Please post some pics!

• Like 3

They are never boring....Always so much fun to listen too, at some good levels.....You know, I think it's interesting....no matter all the other "Pro" configurations....MCM's, MQM's....M and M's....Wouldn't it be great to have TWO pair of great LSI splits playing together in a nice, complimentary  environment?  I know that they were intended for more intense, outdoor performances, but it's amazing how great they sound indoors, in the right spot....and outdoors, just in the driveway for a neighborhood party, shockingly good....always surprised as how good this is....

• Like 1