Horn Loaded Car Sub Boxes?

twistedcrankcammer

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:20 PM, CECAA850 said:

The Wicked One.

wo11.jpg

http://www.decware.com/newsite/wo32.htm

That definitely peaks my interest Carl!  :D

Do you think the exact same dimensions could be used except for thickness of the box if going to dual 12's or?

Rog

I have 2 Wo in my den and they sound great but will not go real low. I tried one in my truck with good results. I then built a auto tuba and tried it in my truck, go with a tuba. It will shake your truck a part with that little 10" driver. Liked the WO but the tuba wins hands down in a truck imo.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, totalcomfort said:

I have 2 Wo in my den and they sound great but will not go real low. I tried one in my truck with good results. I then built a auto tuba and tried it in my truck, go with a tuba. It will shake your truck a part with that little 10" driver. Liked the WO but the tuba wins hands down in a truck imo.

There you go.  An opinion from someone who's heard them both.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, totalcomfort said:

I have 2 Wo in my den and they sound great but will not go real low. I tried one in my truck with good results.

I then built a auto tuba and tried it in my truck, go with a tuba. It will shake your truck a part with that little 10" driver. Liked the WO but the tuba wins hands down in a truck imo.

The horn path is too short for sub duty.

Even an 8" driver in the Tuba will have very good output. The Auto Tuba may also be built with double 8's or double 10's if you have the space for a wider cabinet.

I’ve made a few of them. But only one horn for a suv. If you get the plans for the death box I could build it for you. I think the one that would be better is the one they have plans for is the one that slides back and forth in a box so you can tune it for the car. I’ve heard that one and it gets down pretty well and puts out a lot of spl

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2017 at 7:41 PM, totalcomfort said:

Tuba sounds way better. One F250 owner at the shop having these new tires and forged wheels installed in his truck wanting to get a good set of subwoofer. I'll mention about the tuba.