Tidal lossless....control desktop from phone or tablet?

avguytx

On 5/16/2020 at 6:58 PM, SWL said:

Well, I've been rolling with both Spotify Premium and Tidal lossless for a few months now. Spotify is my main streaming service but Tidal is still hanging in there because it has become worthy of critical listening sessions......it definitely has the edge over Spotify in this regard. It has also become more stable and reliable.

The thing that really sucks is STILL not being able to control the Tidal desktop from a smartphone. This is something I have gotten so used to with Spotify. I've gotten to the point.....screw playing with album sleeves/artwork etc....I'd rather browse the catalog of over 100 zillion songs and just go to town while sitting in the sweetspot totally digging it. If I want to look at album covers Google has that covered for me as well as artist info etc etc etc.

I really wish Tidal would make this option available. Better yet, I wish Spotify would just go lossless already.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If Amazon HD Music could have that ability along with a way to search through a saved artist catalog, I'd go back.  Otherwise, I guess I'll stick with Spotify.

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Has anyone explored Tidal through a Roku player? Just installed the app and signed up for a 30 day trial run on their higher tier plan.   

Be aware that Roku resamples everything to 48 kHz if you use the digital output. At least, both of mine do, and every bit of documentation that I've found supports it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

As for Tidal, now I use it to listen to music. However, I can't listen to Tidal music offline. But luckily, I got a powerful tool to help me out. It is the Tidal Music Converter, which can make Tidal music playe offline. It supports to convert Tidal songs as local files and then you can move them to any other places for playing with ease, like Roku, MP3 player, smart TVs, etc.

I use Tidal on a music server with an EAD Dac and I use a small bluetooth wireless keyboard / trackpad to control it. There are remote desktop apps for phones or tablets that should let you control the desktop. I don't do this but it is possible.