What is (was) the Cornwall CP 1?

Jeff's Eight

There's a set on eBay right now ($4500) pictures look like a pro version of the Cornwall II with the k-57 mid and k-79 tweeter. Looks like the same dimensions as the Cornwall just a pro cabinet and woofer, I'd guess the crossover is adjusted for max output and power handling which would mean higher crossover points but not 100% sure on that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-C-P-1-PRO-CORNWALL-SPEAKERS-7-000-00-NEW/222689501317?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

cp-1.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Randyh said:

everybody who owns a pair think they are worth a lot of money - yeah 600$ is very odd - I

Other than being rare I really don't see why they would be worth any more than a standard Cornwall / Cornwall II. $6k is over the top ridiculous in my mind, that's 2 pair of nice K-horn money.

• Moderators
On 9/10/2018 at 1:22 PM, Brac said:

looks like I could get them for $1500 or so, of course the question is what would I be able to get for them a year or 2 down the road when I wanna do something different....

After you are done playing with then donate them to the Klipsch Museun if Audio history, take the tax deduction for full fair market value, then find something rare and cool again with refund check, and repeat :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

After you are done playing with then donate them to the Klipsch Museun if Audio history, take the tax deduction for full fair market value, then find something rare and cool again with refund check, and repeat :)

Are these really that rare?  

Fascinating history of the Cornwall!  Wasn't it evolved from the Shorthorn, changing the back from back-loaded horn to rectangular box but keeping the slot in the back for the time being?

That's what it looks like, with the Shorthorn front panel design (a typically beautiful PWK design).  It kept the same driver complement, too, at least until E-V discontinued the superior alnico 15WK -- a move that hurt the sound quality of K-horns and Cornwalls for a time, as I recall.

Who are the two men in the front of Bldg. 122?

Larry

• Like 1