Crossover Advice RP-160m, RP-110SW, RP-250C

DerekBro

Hey Klipsch community! In the past couple years I've been bitten by the audiophile bug and I've been driven to find new and better ways to enjoy movies and especially music. First I got the two RP-160m bookshelf speakers, then the RP-250C center channel, and this week I finally got my sub, the RP-110SW.

I've been happy with the bookshelf and center channels, but I'm pretty sure I have no idea what I'm doing on setting up the appropriate crossover--for the 160's and especially the sub. I'm wondering what the best crossover setting for the receiver would be, and also on the sub itself. I've read a bit and trying out different things, but thought I'd ask in case someone has a similar setup or could show me the way. I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm using an Onkyo TX-NR555 receiver. Thanks for any assistance you can offer!

So from what I can tell, the 160M speakers have  a range of 43-24000Hz, the 250C has a range of 60-25000Hz, and the Sub has a range of 27-125Hz. So should I set up the low pass crossover on the receiver to 43Hz, and set the sub's physical crossover knob to 43Hz? Thanks again!

Congrats! 

I would try setting the crossover for all speakers ar 60hz then try 80hz.  One of those will sound better...try 2 or 3 favorite songs to determine.

Make sure speakers are set to small.  When using a modern avr you dont use the subs filter, turn the dial all the way to the highest setting and let the avr handle the crossover.

2 hours ago, RoboKlipsch said:

Congrats! 

I would try setting the crossover for all speakers ar 60hz then try 80hz.  One of those will sound better...try 2 or 3 favorite songs to determine.

Make sure speakers are set to small.  When using a modern avr you dont use the subs filter, turn the dial all the way to the highest setting and let the avr handle the crossover.

Thanks for your help! When you say all the speakers, do you mean that I should set the Sub's LFE crossover to 60hz as well? Or perhaps something lower? Thanks again! I'm trying different things now...

8 hours ago, DerekBro said:

Thanks for your help! When you say all the speakers, do you mean that I should set the Sub's LFE crossover to 60hz as well? Or perhaps something lower? Thanks again! I'm trying different things now...

On the subwoofer control panel, set to it's highest setting or it may be designated "off".  On the Onkyo, LFE should start at 80Hz.

Welcome to the forum.

Bill