I have been extremely bad

rjw1678

I have purchased a pair of used Bob Carver Root Beer 180 tube mono block amps. They are rated at 180wpc continuous and at least 220wpc peak. Each amp has 6 Carver Silver Eagle/Shuguang KT88 tubes, 1 Telefunken 12AX7, 1 Telefunken 12AT7, and 1 6AL5. They have been shipped and are in FedEX possession, the FedEX estimated delivery date is October 31. Once I have received them and set them up I will post pictures.

The amps will be hooked up to a pair of 1996 LaScalas with Crites Type A crossovers(with the 4500 mod) and CT-120 tweeters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is a beastly tube amp right here on the forum. They went from 300+ per channel down to about 1/100th the power. 

Also, have never heard of the Root Beer version....only the Cherry. Google didn't even bring anything up. Are they Brown? 

I received my Carver Root Beer 180 tube mono block amps today. Just got done hooking them up. 180wpc continuous and 240 wpc peak. All the bass slam of a powerful solid state and all the sweet midrange of a tube amp. Already played the first track of the Eagles Greatest Hits Vol 1 and Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water. Going to play some Led Zeppelin next. Bass is impressive, even with La Scalas.

Yes, they are brown. Bob Carver made them before the Cherry ones. He only made about 6-8 pairs of the brown ones.

I contacted Bob Carver today about the bias instructions for these amps. I was amazed how quickly he got back to me. He also told me all the types of power tubes that I could use in these amps.

IMG_1302.JPG

IMG_1300.JPG

IMG_1305.JPG

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2017 at 6:07 PM, rjw1678 said:

I have purchased a pair of used Bob Carver Root Beer 180 tube mono block amps. They are rated at 180wpc continuous and at least 220wpc peak. Each amp has 6 Carver Silver Eagle/Shuguang KT88 tubes, 1 Telefunken 12AX7, 1 Telefunken 12AT7, and 1 6AL5. They have been shipped and are in FedEX possession, the FedEX estimated delivery date is October 31. Once I have received them and set them up I will post pictures.

The amps will be hooked up to a pair of 1996 LaScalas with Crites Type A crossovers(with the 4500 mod) and CT-120 tweeters.

Well this is the place to confess your sins my son.

• Like 1