Journey Wussification

JohnA

i saw journey back in the 70s at the Fabulous Forum in Inglewood, CA. Today, i can’t stand the band. 

Brian, i’ll listen to your radio station if you’ll add Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks era) and the most overrated musician of all time Bruce “the boss” Springsteen to the banned list. 

Springsteen for sure, it just made the motto too long.  I might let some of Christie McVie songs on the playlist though.  I once got a girlfriend with the line (during a Mcvie song playing) "whatever happened to Christie Mcvie?   It turned out she was into music, and cheap beer.  What was not to like?

• Like 1

I like the song Albatross (from the Peter Green days). Ms. Perfect (McVie) was there early on ... thought i read something about her rejoining them a few years ago.  Other than their very early blues stuff -- can’t stand them.  Should be kicked out of the Hall of Fame merely for putting out TUSK.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John Albright said:

Dirtmudd posted a link to a wussified Journey song.  for the record, Steeve Perry RUINED Journey.

Frank Zappa introducing Aynsley Dunbar: "This is Aynsley, he sounds like 2 drummers."

Steve Smith is just as good as I have a lot of his JAZZ stuff. Now he's back with Journey, which is great news if you ask me. They had their ups and downs like any band, but you can't deny the POPULARITY of the Steve Perry style, now taken over by Arnel Paneda.