World Series

DizRotus

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

I went to bed with the Stro's up by 2 in the 9th.  What happened?  :o

They couldn't close it out.  Pinch runner for a hit batter won it in the bottom of the 10th scoring from 2nd base on a 2 out (I believe) single.  Houston wins!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

These are some of the times that I wished I still lived on the West Coast, and the games started 3 hours earlier.....

Yep.  You wouldn't believe how many guys are dragging butt here at work today.  It finished at roughly 1:00 this morning and after it ended sleep was nearly impossible.  I was up at 5:30.

31 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Yep.  You wouldn't believe how many guys are dragging butt here at work today.  It finished at roughly 1:00 this morning and after it ended sleep was nearly impossible.  I was up at 5:30.

Maybe next year.  After everything that's gone on recently, it's really hard to stay awake past 10....

It will be interesting with Verlander pitching in LA on Tuesday.  From 2005 - 2014, pitching for, Detroit Tigers, he was "0 for my career" as a hitter, those are his words.  In 2014 he got his first MLB hit.  He's had 2 more.   What will Hinch do if Verlander is pitching well past the mid-point and he comes to bat with 2 outs and runners on base?

12 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

It will be interesting with Verlander pitching in LA on Tuesday.  From 2005 - 2014, pitching for, Detroit Tigers, he was "0 for my career" as a hitter, those are his words.  In 2014 he got his first MLB hit.  He's had 2 more.   What will Hinch do if Verlander is pitching well past the mid-point and he comes to bat with 2 outs and runners on base?

If he's lights out, you keep him in, especially if Houston's bats are alive.