World Series

DizRotus

9 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm just glad they didn't start Kershaw.

Amen brother.

I feel somewhat sorry for Yu Darvish (as sorry as I can feel for a multi-millionaire entertainer), who seriously underachieved.  The Astros clearly got the better high priced bargain in trading for Verlander, than the Dodgers did acquiring Darvish.

Apparently,  Verlander was hoping to be traded to the Cubs, but agreed to the Houston deal at the last second.  I’m certain he’s pleased with that decision now.

38 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Amen brother.

I feel somewhat sorry for Yu Darvish (as sorry as I can feel for a multi-millionaire entertainer), who seriously underachieved.  The Astros clearly got the better high priced bargain in trading for Verlander, than the Dodgers did acquiring Darvish.

I kind of feel bad for Darvish too.  He won 16 games in his first year (2012) with Texas and looked to be the Rangers ace for years.  Not sure if he will ever be that good again with his injury history.  He was a favorite with the Rangers fans while he was here.  I was surprised when he got traded.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seadog said:

I was surprised when he got traded.

Not too surprised.  He is heading into free agency so there was no guarantee he would have been back next year.  By trading him, the Rangers got something instead of nothing, plus the option to bid for his services as a free agent.  The trade was really the only logical course of action, considering they had no chance at winning the division.

43 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

This is absolutely amazing.  It's the cover from Sports Illustrated from June of 2014!!!!

Wow!  :o

The ability to predict is the ability to understand.  I don't know who was the author of that article, but somebody knows his baseball! 

• Like 1