Recommended $500 sub with RF7II

Sprogk

Hi Guys

My buddy bought my RF7II and asked which subwoofer would best fit for around $500. Its mostly for HT & some music.

I have a 10" Velodyne which he likes but too expensive.

Could you guys recommend something for him? He says he prefers no bigger than 12".

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Sprogk said:

Hi Guys

My buddy bought my RF7II and asked which subwoofer would best fit for around $500. Its mostly for HT & some music.

I have a 10" Velodyne which he likes but too expensive.

Could you guys recommend something for him? He says he prefers no bigger than 12".

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to be a smart A$$, but any sub he can find for $500 would be the right choice. 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Not to be a smart A$$, but any sub he can find for $500 would be the right choice. 

Not sure I follow you.  There are plenty of <$500 subs that are garbage.  If he chose say one of those subs, how would that be the "right choice"?  Just trying to understand the logic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Not sure I follow you.  There are plenty of <$500 subs that are garbage.  If he chose say one of those subs, how would that be the "right choice"?  Just trying to understand the logic.

Because it’s the one he has chosen to afford. 

12 hours ago, Youthman said:

I'm not saying all <$500 are garbage.  Just because he found a sub that is <$500 (let's say a Sony sub), doesn't mean it's the right sub.  Some subs are better than others. 

I paid $450.00 for my $3300.00 open box Revel B15 and I assure you it is the best sounding "under $500.00" sub I have ever heard.;):P

I forgot, I paid $500.00 for my new RSW-10d and it sounds even better for music.:D

Bill