Lost at sea

Woofers and Tweeters

14 hours ago, USNRET said:

Soooo, according to the lost sailors' statement:
1) "EPIRB calls are for people who are in an immediate life threatening scenario," the statement said. "It would be shameful to call on the USCG resources when not in imminent peril and allow someone else to perish because of it."

2) "Had they not been able to locate us, we would have been dead within 24 hours," Appel said earlier, during a news conference on the deck of the ship.

Sorta conflicting huh?

i was about to make a post about non-use of the EPIRB; but, i see my Navy buddy beat me too it. 

Yeah, you don’t use it; but, also say you didn’t know if you’d survive another day -- while lighting off flares and trying to signal ships for over 90 days.  

I don’t believe their story. 

if they didn’t know if they’d make it -- they would have activated the EPIRB and resources would have been launched immediately. Guess what happens when you activate it ladies?  People know exactly where you are.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

So basically, the captain of the foreign vessel was trying to ram them, to kill them in her opinion; yet, let her onboard to use their SAT phone?

I understand, because I'm like that as well.   I don't own a boat, but I'm always patient, kind and helpful to those I try to run over with my car.

/sarcasm

+++

Whoever suggested these drama mamas were angling for a movie deal I think was 100% on-point.  There is just nothing about their story which is true or makes any sense. 

I'm surprised they haven't claimed they were kidnapped by Captain Nemo and taken aboard the Nautilus.

Edit, more contemporary analogy, for the younger folk:  Kidnapped by Captain Jack Sparrow and taken aboard the Black Pearl?

13 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

over 20,000 posts and not into drama ... did you type that with a straight face?

Deadpan is my usual delivery.  You should know that the number of posts has no correlation with dramatic value.  I can't say that I wasn't expecting someone to post a contrary view, but I will say that I am glad it was you.  

• Like 2