Threshold Stasis 3 amp

Tony J

• 2 months later...

The Belles unfortunately  arrived damaged during shipping and had to be sent back. I purchased an F6 clone and a original B1 pre and the combo is great. I  like to listen at pretty good levels sometimes and 1/4 to 1/2 way on volume controls usually works well. The music is crisp and clear. I still need to make stands for the Fortes to get the mids to ear level and possibly try some other mods when time allows but I'm happy with this current setup.

I've built the F6 clone. Very unforgiving, revealing amplifier that sounds great if the rest of your system is as good. Much as the F5. I believe you made a good chose over the old Stasis amplifier not that there's anything wrong with the Stasis. 

I've read that some if not a lot of the First watt amps are very revealing. My current setup is pretty minimal, I'm using a bluesound node 2 to B1 to F6 to Forte IIs. All interconnects and power cords from zu audio. Mainly streaming Tidal, spotify, and some flac from computer, this works very well and sounds great (well depending on recording oc). 

20 minutes ago, Ski Bum said:

Does your B1 have any tone or eq functions?  If/when you eventually stand mount your fortes, which I highly recommend for the improved image/soundstage, their tonal balance will be altered, and you'll need the ability to tweak/eq. 

I believe the FW B1 comprises volume pots only, L-R. At least that is what I have. Simple, purist FW design being a buffered passive only.