Rotel and I Ain't Talking Tomatos

Harleywood

Just grabbed a brand new Rotel RA 1570. I'm so excited I just stared at that last sentence to let it sink in. Should be here by end of the week. Can't wait to pair it up to my Epics and throw The Beatles 50th anniversary remaster of Sgt Pepper on the table and melt into my chair. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Harleywood said:

Just grabbed a brand new Rotel RA 1570. I'm so excited I just stared at that last sentence to let it sink in. Should be here by end of the week. Can't wait to pair it up to my Epics and throw The Beatles 50th anniversary remaster of Sgt Pepper on the table and melt into my chair. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dmb12679 said:

I almost grabbed one of these off ebay, ended up going a different route.  Sure is a clean looking unit.  Let us know how it rips!

Will do. Just ordered a new Pro Ject Carbon Debut Espirt with Ortofon Blue Cartridge to go with it. 

• Like 1

New amp is in. Seems like the power is lacking. Old amp was 125w per channel and 30 on volume was plenty loud. Now I'm at 60 to get these epics rocking. Of course I realize that my old Kenwood ran through a pre amp and equalizer and the Rotel is set to tone bypass so that makes a difference. I can tell the signal is cleaner even with my old cables. New Red River cables coming this week and new table as well. Here's a sample with my old Kenwood table with a Grado Black cartridge. More updates to follow when my new table arrives. Cheers!!

The volume numbers are just numbers.  No connection to power output.  Your old system must have had a higher gain preamp. 

I love the Silver.  My stuff is black and I've been sick of it for 15 years.  Hard to find anything else. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John Albright said:

The volume numbers are just numbers.  No connection to power output.  Your old system must have had a higher gain preamp. 

I love the Silver.  My stuff is black and I've been sick of it for 15 years.  Hard to find anything else. 

Same here. Sick of black. This silver really looks sharp and contrast nice with the black hole of my rack. Was actually looking for a table/rack that will fit in the center section of my entertainment center. Though about just building a shelf to go across the bottom half to put everything on and get it out of that hole but then decided it would be better to put a separate rack there to isolate it from the entertainment center to reduce the vibrations for the turntable. I did although order the new turntable in black. Only because there was no wood option  for the Carbon Esprit. Kinda wishing I'd have gone with white now. 

To be honest about this Rotel I was slightly put off by it when I first heard it. My expectations were super high and the sound quality and dynamic range seemed flat and muddled. I spent four hours listening and switching back and forth from tone bypass to adjusting bass and treble. Source changes from CD, vinyl, and streaming audio. Something happened over the course of that time. This thing really started to warm up. I've heard of "break in" but never experienced it. I put on a CD I've listened to a thousand times but I never really heard it until now. Tone bypass was on and the sound just started to open up. The dynamic spectrum increased exponentially. The music took on a whole new aura. Songs went in directions that completely changed my perception of them. It was like listening to brand new CD. It's hard to explain. It almost brought tears to my eyes. The emotion that was being transported through the speakers went straight to my soul. I've never experienced anything like that. Very happy with my choice of Amps. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

loads of Rotel here ... RB-1090  ( Ft mains, k-horns )  RB-993  ( Belle center and k-horns rears )  RSP -985 Processor , RDV-1045 DVD player ,  RCD-991 CD transport ( this is the one with the dither control settings )  Monster cable  Line conditioners and for all the old school junkies , a pair of Audio control phase coupled activators for that kick in the face bass control . All wired with NBS Dragon fly inter connects , front main speaker wire is the wrist thick monster cable sigma series . Isolation controlled by , black diamond racing cones and those things , also a pair of isoplats .... Oh , and 2 powered subs

And that's just the HT gear ... lol

PS : This pic shows the KLF-C7 Center and a Toshiba theater view ... it's now the Belle center and a 60" Plasma ( in the basement so light conditions are dark enough for plasma )

k's 008.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, boxerjake said:

loads of Rotel here ... RB-1090  ( Ft mains, k-horns )  RB-993  ( Belle center and k-horns rears )  RSP -985 Processor , RDV-1045 DVD player ,  RCD-991 CD transport ( this is the one with the dither control settings )  Monster cable  Line conditioners and for all the old school junkies , a pair of Audio control phase coupled activators for that kick in the face bass control . All wired with NBS Dragon fly inter connects , front main speaker wire is the wrist thick monster cable sigma series . Isolation controlled by , black diamond racing cones and those things , also a pair of isoplats .... Oh , and 2 powered subs

And that's just the HT gear ... lol

PS : This pic shows the KLF-C7 Center and a Toshiba theater view ... it's now the Belle center and a 60" Plasma ( in the basement so light conditions are dark enough for plasma )

k's 008.jpg

So what's going on here? Sub, main front, and height channels? Whatever it is, it's awesome! 

• Like 1