OK to disconnect mids highs and use just woofers?

Thinking of replacing my KLF C7’s and KLF 10’s on the back wall with Heresys and Pioneer HPM 100’s.  One of the Pioneers has a blown midrange driver so I’m wondering if disconnecting the tweeters and mids and using only the woofers might be harmful to wthe speaker or Receiver?

I can use the surround outputs for the Heresys and rear surround for the pioneers, set the receiver to 7 channel stereo and seeing what happens.  If this will work, I can gain a lot of bass from the pioneers and get full range from the  Heresys.

If this will work will it be as simple as just disconnecting the mids and highs or will I likely have other issues to deal with?  As always, many thanks to all that want to comment.

Larry

9BC1EFFF-D1D6-4DEC-B42C-E63E8A16B09C.jpeg

Crossovers higher than 6dB will look like a dead short to the amplifier at some frequency if a load is not connected to them.

I had to repair an amplifier for a club that had lost the woofer on a newer Heresy, the network shorted out, and the amplifier blew up.

" The key is if there are any components in parallel with the drivers, "

Actually, it is the series connection of an inductor and a capacitor that drops to zero ohms at the resonant frequency. Having a parallel load keeps things from melting down.

If you have a cheap electrolytic it will generally explode, if you have a mylar cap the series inductor will generally catch on fire.

In the case of the newer Heresy 1.5 in the club it was the 33µF electrolytic that went up (after the K22E went open).

I had to go in as soon as the club opened, so the strippers would let me do my work.

strip_club_4980660.JPG

(Hey, somebody has to fix the stuff)