Having A Senior Moment Caps in Series

thebes

I've just started re-doing a Sencore MU150 tube tester.  Couldn't find a cap in 150uf/250v value so I ordered up two 80 uf/250v's when combined gets me close enough.

However, since this is my first soldering in awhile it seems I've forgotten some of the basics. So to get what I need I go negative to positive to negative to positive? That's go to be it. Right?

Also while I'm at it, the circuit board has two resistors with what looks to be a small light bulb of some sort wired in series underneath the circuit board.  Does this act as some sort of fuse for the unit. It is certainly not being used to provide background, or any other kind of lighting, for that matter. Also can I use a aa battery to test it?

14 hours ago, thebes said:

Also while I'm at it, the circuit board has two resistors with what looks to be a small light bulb of some sort wired in series underneath the circuit board.  Does this act as some sort of fuse for the unit. It is certainly not being used to provide background, or any other kind of lighting, for that matter. Also can I use a aa battery to test it?

It's probably a neon bulb used for additional regulation in the meter circuit.  It cannot be tested with a battery.

Maynard