Denon 3910 DVD/CD/SACD/DVD-A

rplace

Funny how some gear holds it resale value pretty well over time and others do not. I did pretty good buying my Academy new from a high end store, using it for 20 years or so then selling it. Looks like the Denon 3910 can be had for a real bargain. Blu-Ray probably killed this poor guys resale value.

I remember when the Denon 3910 was the player to have. It still is a fantastic player. If you wanted one back in the day but bought something else because of it very high price tag you could pick one up today on the cheap. Looks like the 2910 that a lot of people bought can't hardly be given away.

Was poking around ebay and saw these two if anyone interested

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_dcat=175711&Type=DVD%20Player&_nkw=denon 3910&rt=nc&LH_Auction=1&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Yes, great sounding player. I have two, but unfortunately one developed laser problems and doesn't read discs very well anymore. That's the thing with these older players, who knows how many hours the laser has left? So it's best to have more than one, since they're bargain priced nowadays ;-). 

On 11/2/2017 at 6:21 AM, rplace said:

Funny how some gear holds it resale value pretty well over time and others do not. I did pretty good buying my Academy new from a high end store, using it for 20 years or so then selling it. Looks like the Denon 3910 can be had for a real bargain. Blu-Ray probably killed this poor guys resale value.

I remember when the Denon 3910 was the player to have. It still is a fantastic player. If you wanted one back in the day but bought something else because of it very high price tag you could pick one up today on the cheap. Looks like the 2910 that a lot of people bought can't hardly be given away.

Was poking around ebay and saw these two if anyone interested

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_dcat=175711&Type=DVD%20Player&_nkw=denon 3910&rt=nc&LH_Auction=1&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

If those are fully functional, $100.00 is a steal for such a fine player, even if used for CD/SACD only.

Bill