RF7II Package Pricing

miliellie111

Trying to plan out my basement setup.

I received a quote from an authorized dealer of $3600 for the following:

2 RF7II floorstading speakers (Walnut color)

1 RC64II center channel (Walnut color)

2 RP250s surrounds (Walnut color)

1 R115SW subwoofer

I can add a Marantz SR7011 for an extra $900.

$4500 total for everything.

Is this a good deal? Any suggestions on whether or not I should do bookshelves (RP160m ) for the rear surrounds instead of the RP250s? I heard @MetropolisLakeOutfitters also gives good pricing on Klipsch products.

Thanks

16 minutes ago, miliellie111 said:

Is this a good deal? Any suggestions on whether or not I should do bookshelves (RP160m ) for the rear surrounds instead of the RP250s? I heard @MetropolisLakeOutfitters also gives good pricing on Klipsch products.

I suggest you give Cory a call or send him a PM.  He is an active participant here and his reputation is golden.  Whether or not you can make a deal is up to the buyer/seller but I have absolute faith he will give you honest advice.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, miliellie111 said:

1 R115SW subwoofer

Thanks

I'll send you a pm.  You're literally within days of the RF-7III release, you might as well get those in my opinion.  

43 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Those were an exclusive for a certain big dealer or maybe two.  Anybody can get walnut RF-7III tho.  

I would have thought walnut 2's were gone. I'm good tho as I already have large walnut boxes around here and we're enjoying them immensely.

OP, definitely call Metro before buying anything. You won't regret it.

1 hour ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Those were an exclusive for a certain big dealer or maybe two.  Anybody can get walnut RF-7III tho.  

I think those were exclusive to World Wide Stereo initially. I never cared for the way they looked. Advertised as walnut but the veneer had more of an oak grain pattern with a walnut stain. 

11 hours ago, miliellie111 said:

1 R115SW subwoofer

Thanks

Seems like a great value. I can't speak to the surrounds vs bookshelf speakers.  If I had a place to mount them I'd probably go with the surround speakers for my side surround channels.  $900 for the Marantz 7011 is a very good price as well, it's still over a grand most places I know to look.

2 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I'll send you a pm.  You're literally within days of the RF-7III release, you might as well get those in my opinion.  

Metro has a great point about the III's.  Give it some thought. I recently bought the II's and the 64 II.  I thought about waiting for the III's, and I thought about it again after I bought the II's :D doubting my choice.  I am very happy with the performance of my II's, that plus the price difference for the new stuff is enough to put my mind to rest on the subject.  However if you're patient, don't mind the cost and want the new hotness, you don't have long to wait!

• 2 weeks later...