Klipsch rp440c-450c vs rc62ii

Estatix

Hello everybody new here. I was wondering which is a better center channel out of the three. The rp440c, rp450c, and rc62ii. I don't have floor standing speakers yet so I don't need to timbre match anything. 

I can get there rc62ii brand new for under 200 but both rps are over 400 and 500. Is it worth it or is the rc62ii a better speaker then the other two? Oh and my room is a 16x25 so is one of the speakers better for bigger rooms? Thanks everybody!

The Rc-62 II is a great speaker and the only reason it is under $200 is because they are last years model and everyone has them on clearance. I remember when it was a $600 dollar speaker that I never saw go on sale. I have it and played Elvis and it feels like he is in the living room. 

Now the more important question is what do you plan to use for your towers, because if you plan to use the RF-82 IIs to match, defiantly get the RC-62 II. If you want to get the newer RP-280s, you may want to consider the RP-440 or 550 so the front all matches.  

Well I don't know because I can get the rc62ii and two rf 82ii for around 650 and that's the cost of just the rp450c and then around 1000 for the rp280fs my question is is last year's models just as good as the rp line because I can get it for so much cheaper.

Here is my take on it. I have not heard the new models, but of course there will always be improvements with new models. They redesigned the horn and some say it is a night and day difference and less harsh, others say it is only slight difference and some say they like the old horn. Only way to tell is to listen to them yourself. 

But the big kicker for me is with the money you save, you can get a pair of R-115sw subs and have a killer system for the same price as the new models. They are the same series so they will both sound great, you just have to ask yourself how you feel about the enhancements from last years model to see if they justify the difference in price.

• Like 2

On 11/4/2017 at 3:04 PM, Estatix said:

Well I don't know because I can get the rc62ii and two rf 82ii for around 650 and that's the cost of just the rp450c and then around 1000 for the rp280fs my question is is last year's models just as good as the rp line because I can get it for so much cheaper.

If you are near a Fry’s Electronics they have this week the RC62II for $147 and RF82II for $198 each, all prices with their promo code. Great deal for brand new speakers, with warranty, for less than $550 total. Unfortunately in store only. 

• Like 1