Had to share finished new build

thumperxes

Just had to share this build. I started it at the beginning of the year with the horn build and ended up with a sealed dual 15 low end. I threw out the smaller dual 12 ported cab I started because I knew where my heart was.  This set up is a complete hodge podge set up of parts I had but it does sound damn good to my ears just a little lacking at the very high end 14k on up its like 6db down next post graph will show.

Eminence 4015lf definmax 

K55m mated to a 2in horn yuchi a290 no fins never got that far.

Crites tweeter apt50

Alk es500 and es4500

All processed through dbx venu360 into evq66 amp.

Full right side weighs in at 306lbs the cab alone is approx 200. The cab is a solid dual layer 13ply baltic birch. Inside is also 1.5in  egg crate foam lined and 2.5in on the back panel. The cab is covered in formic a 9012-nt ebony naturelle.

20171105_081251-01.jpeg

20171105_081323-01.jpeg

20171105_081744-01.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Here is a screenshot of the dbx venu360 auto eq that was applied.

Grey is what the room is with no eq applied.

The little green line is the response of the room after the eq is applied.

I have a few things I can try to see if the tweeter is failing at this end or not just haven't got to that point for testing but is sounds good.

If sounds good but test bad find a new way to test right. Lol

Screenshot_20171105-082105-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20171105-081853-01.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, billybob said:

Have to give you high marks on the looks/design. Wow... need an industrial pallet mover for placement. Guess a good way to a bad back.

Impressive looking and will wait for a review...:emotion-21:

Abit rarish looking akin to the bird pictured on wall.

Bird was a pic I took 10 yrs ago right place right time.  My last speakers were diy lascalas in pomelle sapelli. And for my 40th b day I requested an apliance dolly cause I knew what the future had in store. I ran the lascallas for the last 6 years the dbx really brought them to life made them sound more natural never tried the dbx with the stock horn though.

20171105_091025.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thumperxes said:

Bird was a pic I took 10 yrs ago right place right time.  My last speakers were diy lascalas in pomelle sapelli. And for my 40th b day I requested an apliance dolly cause I knew what the future had in store. I ran the lascallas for the last 6 years the dbx really brought them to life made them sound more natural never tried the dbx with the stock horn though.

Interesting an understatement. Thanks for the sharing!:emotion-21:

• 1 month later...