Heresy III in cherry, Massachusetts

dtr20

If he were better in other marital departments, he wouldn't be trading them for a skirt....so sayeth me, the single guy. :ph34r:

"A beloved pair of 15th week of 2017 serial number Klipsch Heresy III speakers in cherry finish with approximately 16 hours of play time at reasonable listening volumes. Absolutely amazing speakers that with proper placement sound like a choir of angels serenading the room and bringing tears of joy at the sheer beauty in even mundane recordings.

I sadly must post these for sale in the name of marital bliss, as an unadvertised feature of these speakers is the ability to cause my wife to develop a severe case of nagging never before seen in 13 years of marriage. Apparently great sound with low distortion at 99dB/2.83V in a real wood veneer sealed enclosure is less important to her than the approximately 3 square feet of space each of these mouthpieces of the goddess Venus require. Flowers, her favorite recordings, logical discussion and emotional pleadings all failed to convince her of how much happiness these legendary speakers bring her husband (me); who nearing age 45 and a non-smoker has less than an estimated 35 years left on this mortal coil, every day of which will be spent listening to low quality speakers of lessor beauty while silently mourning the loss of these heavenly horns of Ceres.

Original boxes, Klipsch literature, and the crushed dreams of a faithful husband and loving father of two included.

Cash only."

Just for craps and giggles I should offer him a trade for my Jubes? Seeing those being delivered from afar would be a priceless venue in which to witness the fall of his empire. The good news is four Jube crate boxes would suffice for living quarterers in the near term. However, his long term outlook seems grim at best. 

• Like 1

He's changed his OP. She must have read where he pointed out the fact that she nags. 

This > "ability to cause my wife to develop a severe case of nagging never before seen in 13 years of marriage."

To this > "ability to cause my lovely wife to develop a severe case of regret never before seen in 13 years of marriage for providing permission for me to purchase."

If he had permission..... 

A beloved pair of 15th week of 2017 serial number Klipsch Heresy III speakers in cherry finish with approximately 17 hours of play time at reasonable listening volumes. Absolutely amazing speakers that with proper placement will sound like a choir of angels serenading the room and bringing tears of joy at the sheer beauty in even mundane recordings.

I sadly must post these for sale in the name of marital bliss, as an unadvertised feature of these speakers is the ability to cause my lovely wife to develop a severe case of regret never before seen in 13 years of marriage for providing permission for me to purchase. Great sound with low distortion at 99dB/2.83V at 1 meter in a real wood veneer sealed enclosure is apparently less important to her than the 3 square feet of space occupied by each of these mouthpieces of the goddess Venus. Flowers, her favorite recordings, logical discussion and emotional pleadings all failed to convince her of how much happiness these legendary speakers bring her husband (me); who nearing age 45 and a non-smoker has less than an estimated 35 years left on this mortal coil, every day hereafter which will be spent listening to lower quality speakers of lessor beauty while stoically mourning the loss of these heavenly horns of Ceres.

A word about these speakers: following my initial posting I put on a 1977 pressing of The Dark Side of the Moon and reveled at the the sheer audio realism present in the fourth track: the ticking of the clocks ping-ponging in stereo, the sudden volume and dynamics of the chimes startling my children, the lyrics reminding me that each day is precious and life too short to be spent frittered away on dull days listening to lifeless speakers. If you enjoy music you're only cheating yourself if you don't have speakers that make you as happy as these Heritage line transducers make me: transducers designed by a 1926 graduate of the New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts (now known as New Mexico State University, and aside from Paul W. Klipsch best known for not making a bowl game for 57 years and counting).

Includes the original boxes, the still unread Klipsch literature, the little rubber sticky feet, the knowledge that you employed American craftsmen to build your speakers, a lifetime of audio nirvana, and the crushed dream of a faithful husband and loving father of two.

$1300 OBO.