JBL 2446H vs Selenium D4400ti

Kalifornian

I agree.   The 2 inch horn opens a whole new set of drivers and some really good ones.   I have the extreme slope xovers on my TSCM  and they made a really major difference.   I can listen and ID the individual instruments in the band left to right across the front of my theater.   But...  this said I found my "old" ears could mostly not tell the difference when I closed my eyes and compared the new driver on the right and the old one on the left.      So in my case the extreme slope xovers were the one change that left no doubt about the improvement.   So, depending on your ears and your need to keep up with the Jones you might want to save your $.

A classic example is the  K77 tweeter.     It slips a lot at the extreme high end.  In fact, most of them are dead at about 17 K.      But tests have shown that most people, given the choice, find speakers that go to 20K+ are "too bright."      In my case I found that when I changed out the K77s for drivers that would go to 24K that I did not like the change in the sound and I ended up going for drivers with a bit of fade at the extreme top.    The early Klipsch engineers were into the "sound" not the specs.   More recent marketing has made the specs paramount.   A new speaker has to go to 40 Hz and 20K+ or the spec guys turn up their noses with serious disrespect.       For example look [ and I really mean listen ] at the current lineup with the 24K tweeters.    I listen to the them and then when I listen to some of the old friends like the Chorus and the Khorns with their 17K speakers and I find that I generally prefer that sound.    I suspect that is why so many of us treasure the "oldies".    But you do all the extreme upgrades they end up sounding just like the new stuff.    I for one prefer the older, mellower sound.

Long live that marvelous, mellow sound from a RF7.   If you have to change it go with a upgraded crossover.

Look at how popular the Heresy series has been; its simple, most people liked the sound.  All this with no real bass and limited highs.  Long live the early Klipsch sound!