Garage Epoxy Paint and Garage Cabinet Recommendations

Travis In Austin

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

It was poured in 1975.

I haven't detected a pattern as to when it shows up but yes, certainly some times are worse than others.  It's so bad in some spots that there are small divots in the concrete where the concrete has flaked off.  There's always a big white pile around that area.

No drainage issues but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if there was no plastic underneath as the garage is detached from the house and only connected by a covered walkway..

Water can wreak havoc on concrete, but at 42 years old, and still in place, that's not too bad. You might try an acrylic sealer, maybe in one area, and give it 6 months to see what happens. At least the sealer will keep the dust below the surface, and will look much better.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

That's too clean and orderly.  I couldn't work in there under those conditions.

Looks Great!!!

As I get older, I can't seem to deal well with a mess.  Been re-working my woodworking shop for about 6 months or so.  It is neat and organized and almost ready for my subwoofer project.  I'm still setting up some tools with dedicated dust collection.  It is getting to be a pleasure to spend the day in there cutting lumber.

3 minutes ago, Rudy81 said:

As I get older, I can't seem to deal well with a mess.  Been re-working my woodworking shop for about 6 months or so.  It is neat and organized and almost ready for my subwoofer project.  I'm still setting up some tools with dedicated dust collection.  It is getting to be a pleasure to spend the day in there cutting lumber.

Of course you realize I'm joking.  I'd love to have enough space to keep "everything in it's place".   Currently, I have to move things to get to things and could easily use twice the floor space that I currently have.

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Of course you realize I'm joking.  I'd love to have enough space to keep "everything in it's place".   Currently, I have to move things to get to things and could easily use twice the floor space that I currently have.

Of course!  I know what you mean about needing more floor space.  I wish I had a woodshop twice as large...

On 11/6/2017 at 6:59 PM, dwilawyer said:

Along those lines, does anyone have any recommendations for garage cabinets?

Thanks in advance, 

Travis 

A friend used oak kitchen cabinets from Lowes and they have held up in the Vegas heat for 15 years.  My plan is to build custom cabinets for the entire house and then use the cabinets that I replace in the shop (when built). 

For a countertop, I have a garage bench that I built 20 years ago and used plywood with cheap wood trim surrounding (might have been furring strips, budget was tight back then).  Sanded down and used a glossy finish.  Lasted this entire time and still looks really good.  I think it was lacquer. 

• Like 1