HAS ANYONE DONE THIS ...

BigStewMan

On 11/6/2017 at 10:05 PM, BigStewMan said:

peppers are good for the respiratory system. 

but they can play hell on your colon, unless of course it's been pre-seasoned through years of abuse.

On 11/6/2017 at 10:00 PM, BigStewMan said:

The Paquis one chip challenge?  (one chip of carolina reaper hotness)

I have not; but, have seen several you tube videos of people that have. Most are saying it’s pretty brutal.

Looks like another habanero/scotch bonnet variant. Can't burn me, I've been seasoned.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

but they can play hell on your colon, unless of course it's been pre-seasoned through years of abuse.

Looks like another habanero/scotch bonnet variant. Can't burn me, I've been seasoned.

i’m fairly seasoned as well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Do you work at an ice cream parlor?

A lot of people try to use ice cream to cool the burn.  It works as long as the ice cream is in your mouth but once you swallow it the burn comes right back.  Same with milk, water or ice.  None of those will disolve the capsicum oil.  The only thing that I've found that actually works is tequila.   I know it sound counter intuitive but it will actually disolve the oil and help the burn pass.  I'very tried a lot of things over the years and tequila is the only thing that I've found that actually speeds up the cool down.

21 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

A lot of people try to use ice cream to cool the burn.  It works as long as the ice cream is in your mouth but once you swallow it the burn comes right back.  Same with milk, water or ice.  None of those will disolve the capsicum oil.  The only thing that I've found that actually works is tequila.   I know it sound counter intuitive but it will actually disolve the oil and help the burn pass.  I'very tried a lot of things over the years and tequila is the only thing that I've found that actually speeds up the cool down.

Carls Martinis help also if you drink enough!  :D

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm only fun'in with yea about the ice cream.  Today is a very sad day, as most of you Texas folk know, we had a violent snow storm in the Texas hill country (about 5" at my home)...... all my chile pequin and chile de arbol plants took a big snow hit.  Chile production is out for the next 2 to 3 months, I'm going to have to depend on my bottles of scotch to keep me warm for the rest of winter. Wife is cooking up my last batch of salsa. 2 tomato's 1 small onion, 3 cloves roasted garlic (more if I do the cooking) to +1.5  cups saute'd chile pequins. She blends in a little bit of Pollo Knor (chicken beullion).  Darn good salsa picante, I put it on everything.  Chile arbols are good that way too, or making raw varieties of pico de gallo.  

• Moderators
4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I know it sound counter intuitive but it will actually disolve the oil and help the burn pass.  I'very tried a lot of things over the years and tequila is the only thing that I've found that actually speeds up the cool down.

Good to remember that just in case I eat one by accident.

No BSM, I would never take a challenge eating any of the hottest peppers or anything made with them. I like hot stuff but not on that level. I watched enough videos, no way, and these idiots are eating a whole pepper for $20, plain dumb.     

3 hours ago, dtel said:

Good to remember that just in case I eat one by accident.

No BSM, I would never take a challenge eating any of the hottest peppers or anything made with them. I like hot stuff but not on that level. I watched enough videos, no way, and these idiots are eating a whole pepper for $20, plain dumb.     

I hear that, I like hot and can tolerate it pretty darn good, but I won't eat chiles just because their hot, and I've had a thai place or two teach me about too hot, and ruin my dish. For me, if  the chile doesn't taste good, I don't eat it. I saw some ghost peppers at HEB a couple weeks ago. They didn't have but dozen or so. I held back from handling them, and thought they were kind of ugly looking. About the hottest (lasting hot anyway) I've eaten are variants of the scotch bonnet, but I don't particularly care for the flavor in the raw. The ones I've tasted have a pungent after-taste. Wasn't till I worked for this Jamaican engineer in Tampa, FL that I actually enjoyed them. He cooked them, and made some jerk chicken or something like that, can't remember. Just remember liking the cooked salsa he made and the marinated chicken was out of this world.

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

All my plants are in pots and went in the garage for the snowstorm.   I just took them out and put them in the sun about an hour ago.  If you'e going through withdraws I can send you some. I have seversl in different stages of ripeness. 

Thank you Carl.  I might take you up on that. What kind you growing?

Every winter my wife tells me ..... I told you blah blah , wah wah wah, put some in pots, now you got nothing except HEB.   Well almost, because I can always make the emergency run to Laredo, but that's a 400 mile round trip; and a bit extreme. Fresh chile of almost any kind can be bought in Laredo.

Several but there should be a few chocolate habanero's ready pretty soon.
Ok, I did a little research and they're suppose to be milder with a touch of sweetness.

I think I'd like to try some. I can send you some dried Chile de arbol in return. They're from my garden. I save a quart size baggie for next year.

I'll PM you my address.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk