Deleted

Terry

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

Holy smokes man, your killing me. A little Competition Orange  or...looks decent. Dual feed Holley on a semi-stocker manifold?

Is that a Mallory igniter?

This is what it looked like when I got it.  The motor is strong with only about 2K miles on it.  Will pull off the valve covers, wire keepers, carb, and filter, get them all polished up, shinning like a diamond.  Searching for a polished high rise, Victor style intake manifold.  Accel distributor. Won't do much more than that to the motor.  Mated to a TH350 trans.  It will certainly smoke the tires.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Matthews said:

This is what it looked like when I got it.  The motor is strong with only about 2K miles on it.  Will pull off the valve covers, wire keepers, carb, and filter, get them all polished up, shinning like a diamond.  Searching for a polished high rise, Victor style intake manifold.  Accel distributor. Won't do much more than that to the motor.  Mated to a TH350 trans.  It will certainly smoke the tires.

That'll work I betcha...cool Matt! You have already got a good start it looks like. Firewall and all. Some used to use a free floating fan for cooling.

Guess you could just go stay or go electric. Edelbrock had or has a aluminum cast high rise. Took a stab yet been awhile. Going to share with bro at some point.:emotion-21:

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Matthews said:

laid some paint today, Sir Billy :D

5a18ca567f257_desoto1(Medium).thumb.jpg.59707a7642c651d40744f3bdeb1721b8.jpg5a18ca5ba3477_desota2(Medium).thumb.jpg.6d62a84439b00f17074d9dd95b8f27a2.jpg

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

Hey now Matt! Not going to look back but, taking it as a primer coat. Looks cool as is. Certainly used to seeing on the street.

Tell me more man of surprise. When you want. Lol...nice...:emotion-21:

11 minutes ago, billybob said:

Tell me more man of surprise.

Been sanding and smoothing this thing out for a couple of weeks now.  That is not primer.  Single stage enamel, about 8 coats (snow flake white).  Took me all day to shoot it, i am exhausted.  Not sure what I was thinking when I started this project, Holy Crap!  Think it turned out pretty decent for my 1st automotive paint job, ever.

Have some classy and very tasteful trim to cover up all those holes.  Next up, some goodies for the motor, Vroom Vroom :cool:

30 minutes ago, Matthews said:

eBeen sanding and smoothing this thing out for a couple of weeks now.  That is not primer.  Single stage enamel, about 8 coats (snow flake white).  Took me all day to shoot it, i am exhausted.  Not sure what I was thinking when I started this project, Holy Crap!  Think it turned out pretty decent for my 1st automotive paint job, ever.

Have some classy and very tasteful trim to cover up all those holes.  Next up, some goodies for the motor, Vroom Vroom :cool:

It did look thick and wet. Not hip to the new enamel to me. All that sanding, it will show good for sure. Thanks for the sharing and will be looking to see the motor tripped out. Will want to se that paintjob again.B):emotion-21:

Offenhauser manifold was what was trying to think of the other day. Anyhow, first paint job. Maybe that dolling up those Klipsch  was a warmup. Cool man!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, billybob said:

Have watched cars painted and the flow with the style of laying the paint on quite interesting. A bit like an artist and the canvas. Will want to see how it glosses out. Never painted one but, would be a bit nervy for me.:emotion-44: lol Congrats!B)

nervous I was as well.  Zero instruction, flying by the seat of my pants.  The gun was giving me troubles at first but finally got the hang of it.  There are a few runs I will have to go back and address but overall am pretty stoked with the outcome.  Can't wait to go back and see what it looks like this morning.  The paint should have laid down a bit overnight.  Have it sitting in my make shift paint booth at work, heat cranked up to 100 degrees. 

Now on the hunt.  Think I am going to put a little 177 blower on it.  There is huge Hot Rod swap meet coming to the area real soon, I know something very cool will be coming home with me B)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matthews said:

nervous I was as well.  Zero instruction, flying by the seat of my pants.  The gun was giving me troubles at first but finally got the hang of it.  There are a few runs I will have to go back and address but overall am pretty stoked with the outcome.  Can't wait to go back and see what it looks like this morning.  The paint should have laid down a bit overnight.  Have it sitting in my make shift paint booth at work, heat cranked up to 100 degrees. 

Now on the hunt.  Think I am going to put a little 177 blower on it.  There is huge Hot Rod swap meet coming to the area real soon, I know something very cool will be coming home with me B)

Lol, thinking you are a daredevil like a Houdini. whatever the results. Sure it will be alright in the light of day. Unlike an artist at times, there will be a finish to the job of paint. Getting the gun setup up and adjusted for the splay, have seen experienced struggle with.

Dang, now you are thinking a blower. Well, since it is you, why not indeed have a blown Chevy small block. Fuel not a concern so much. Quality of fuel should not present a problem also. In earlier days, you cold go to a Sunoco gas station and dial in your octame level. It was a bit crazy. White gas...If your motor is already beyond stock, like I see, it is on the top end, should be able to rap up those quick rpm bursts already. Has the motor had more than a stock bottom, like cam, crank, piston....:emotion-21: Usually see blower on non street rods. Maybe you can get away with the blower. Recall bro had used different carb sets. For the most a 4 barrel he may oversize the jets. Used progressive linkage so adjust mains would dump at certain rpm. No, I go on too much. You tell and show me. (Mad Matt) :emotion-21::emotion-44:B)

May be too radical for the street. What about the headers...:lol:

• Like 1

Good to see you posting again Matt, even if it is not speaker related! I was wondering what your latest project was, as I knew there had to be one. You could have done that paint job with a rattle can like Black Betty's (or was that Beauty's: don't recall). That would have been a whole lot 'o shakin"! Car looks great.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, billybob said:

Has the motor had more than a stock bottom, like cam, crank, piston....:emotion-21: Usually see blower on non street rods. Maybe you can get away with the blower

Don't know what has been included in the motor build, unfortunately.  All I know is it's a mild build 355 sbc.  Going to pull the valve covers tomorrow to get a look at the rockers, might give me a little better idea of build quality.  The 177's are smaller, single carb blowers.  Likely only run it at 3-4 lbs of boost.  This will be my 3rd blower motor so not my 1st dance in the park ;)

10 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Good to see you posting again Matt, even if it is not speaker related! I was wondering what you latest project was, as I knew there had to be one. You could have done that paint job with a rattle can like Black Betty's (or was that Beauty's: don't recall). That would have been a whole lot 'o shakin"! Car looks great.

Hi Mook :D  -  been a while, my friend...

Yes indeed, that would have been "a whole lot 'o shakin" goin on - HA

added a little mood lighting

5a1a199192627_blueLED(Medium).thumb.jpg.072ae8c1544a8125a2744f08af2d104d.jpg

Start polishing all that aluminum under the hood tomorrow while I decide what to do with the intake B)

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1