Good universal remote?

RoboKlipsch

A little out of your budget but I've seen some really good deals the last couple of months on the Harmony Ultimate with hub.  No line of sight needed and works on wi-fi.  You can also add an Amazon Echo, Dot, etc. down the road for voice control. As Youthman said the. Logitech remotes are easy to program and several activities can be set up. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, TasDom said:

A little out of your budget but I've seen some really good deals the last couple of months on the Harmony Ultimate with hub.  No line of sight needed and works on wi-fi.  You can also add an Amazon Echo, Dot, etc. down the road for voice control. As Youthman said the. Logitech remotes are easy to program and several activities can be set up. 

I have this and never use the actual remote. I use my phone or tablet. It even had a profile for my Palladium sub. It's definitely worth the money

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

I have this and never use the actual remote. I use my phone or tablet. It even had a profile for my Palladium sub. It's definitely worth the money

I agree, mine was worth the extra money for my needs.

That reminds me, if you use your phone and or tablet,  you only have to get the Harmony Hub which is sold separately.

Beyond you budget, but at least give it a look. I've had the Harmony Companion for a long time now and very happy. It is only $30 more than the harmony hub which others have already mentioned. Small, lightweight, simple. The Harmony Hub is a must have if you TV is on the wall and equipment off location like mine is.

• Thanks 1

you may be out of luck to control your Bluetooth PS3 though..  We have a ps4 and there is PDP universal remote. Managed to get it to control cable box, Pioneer SC71 but never go the volume feed thru to work.  Plus  the buttons are tiny and not back lit.  Next to impossible to use it in a dark HT room.  

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, RoboKlipsch said:

It did.  I dont know what they do but it did 😁

They will allow control of devices that don't have a direct line of sight from the hub. If all devices have control from the hub then you won't need them but if for instance one of your components was in a cabinet (like mine) you would plug one in to the hub and lay the transmitter end within the view of the IR receiver of that component.