Dave Cave

Mallette

Executive Directors quarters at the Regional Music Heritage Center.  Decent chance it will be ready by Christmas.  Looking forward to it! 

Big year 2018 with Otis Williams, Texarkana native, receiving the RMHC Lifetime Achievement Award and performing with the Temptations in the main event 31 March of the 2nd Scott Joplin International Music Celebration.  Plan for it...it's going to be a great weekend.  Friday night "Gala Preview" has proven popular, and with Otis Williams there this year likely even more so since it's "up close and personal."  Will have great jazz, plus the debut of the "Texarkana Ragtime Orchestra" developed as per leading Scott Joplin musicologist Rick Benjamin's specification of what Joplin would have orchestrated for his music.  If you've looked at the Texarkana Jazz Orchestra videos on the Regional Music Heritage Center YouTube channel. you know they will be good as it is being formed from that group.  

Dave

RMHC_1.jpg

RMHC_Scene 6.jpg

Overview.jpg

RMHC_Scene 7.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Let's see some construction pictures! 

Working on the loan app today.  Historic preservation loan, no less.  Cheap.  GC says he might get it done by Christmas if the loan gets rapid approval.  

4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I believe the mason was drunk when he laid those brick :D

Everybody in Texarkana was drunk in 1886.  Most still are...

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Don't be alarmed by the lack of a toaster.  That's because it will be in the Oldtimer room upstairs.

That's it on the right on the cabinet.  Convection/Toaster/Oven.  Comes with a donation of 500.00 or more to RMHC.

Dave

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My pleasure, billybob.  Actually, I hope MANY of my forum friends will visit.  There'll be bloody great systems here as well as on the mezzanine, which will be the official public listening and viewing area.  

If the loan process goes quickly it's going to be a MERRY Christmas in the Dave Cave!

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1