possibly the first RF-7III in the wild

Very nice!  Thanks for the pics.  Did you get to hear them?  I wonder if someone will do an RF-7 II versus III comparison.  I want these down the road but many guys have been touting the RP-280F's.  Guess I'm going to have to go by the local stereo shop and try each of them on.  

They look nice, wonder if they sound any better than the II's? Interesting they divided the woofers into separate cabinets wonder if that really makes much of a difference? I had no complaints with the bass when I had the II's but the horn seemed to need some work at least at certain frequencies, not really sure if it was the horn / driver or in the crossover? 

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

They look nice, wonder if they sound any better than the II's? Interesting they divided the woofers into separate cabinets wonder if that really makes much of a difference? I had no complaints with the bass when I had the II's but the horn seemed to need some work at least at certain frequencies, not really sure if it was the horn / driver or in the crossover? 

The claim is that it actually cleans up the midrange due to reducing standing waves.  I forget the math but standing waves based on internal box dimensions are way higher than the frequency range of what's considered bass I believe.