So, what do you know? (audio expertise)

wvu80

There are so many knowledgeable people here.  Between us we really do know a lot, a group which I like to refer to as the Klipsch collective.

Within that group, I think we have some genuine experts and a whole lot of people who know a lot because it fits into their passion.  For instance, I consider myself somewhat knowledgeable about the Klipsch CF-4, and in evaluating Heritage speaker pricing.

We have people who are good at finding deals, some people who know home theater setup, some bass heads, 2-channel people, some music people.  There are historians, crossover design people, AVR, tube and SS amp experts, people who do vinyl spinning, Dolby Atmos, Heritage, Pro Klipsch, and more. 

You don't have to tout yourself as an expert, but what do you think you know the most about?  Be as general or as specific as you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No expert, except in what music I like. It can soothe rough nerves, exhilerate me, or whatever.                                             

Emotion in the voice and through the instrument by the musician is number one in my book. It could alternately be mathematically perfect but bland and worthless to me at the same time.                                                

6 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i was taught that if you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with :pwk_bs:

So, i know everything -- i just don’t enjoy people enough to discuss stuff. :D

I thought I knew everything until I was exposed from all the other people that knew everything. B.S. Can be a good communicator in these situations.

JJK

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:21 PM, wvu80 said:

You don't have to tout yourself as an expert, but what do you think you know the most about?  Be as general or as specific as you want.

I have found myself pretty good at debating fact from fiction and choose to rely on expert and scientific testimony to use as resources.  I also think I'm good at paying attention to what a person actually types and give a thoughtful, well thought out response. 

• Like 1